Anyone else with "thick blood" and high potassium blood levels?!?!

georgina.miss

Reaction score
Heyy ladies just wondering if anyone else out there has high potassium levels in their blood? or "thick blood" instead of thin? confused.com !!!

I have to go to the fetal health unit every week for check ups/monitoring at least once a week as i have gestational hypertension ( high blood pressure) and every time i go they tell me something else is wrong!!!

I got back today after 4 hours of being there and the doctor was quite concerned about how thick my blood is apparently and that during pregnancy its meant to thin out??!1 And that shes concerned about the potassium levels in my blood and have to have some more tests done on Friday!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She then goes on to say that they will try and get me to full term however if things continue at this rate then he will be here a few weeks BEFORE term which is in 2 weeks for me as im 33 now!!ahhhhhhhh SCARY MARY !!! I was NOT expecting that at all and im sooo not ready!!! a BABY in 2 weeks!!OMG !!

Anyone else in a similar situation as me? Im really worried about this thick blood thing as she seemed really concerned and has booked me in with the consultant on friday ahhhh :(

xxx

I have thick blood but no one seems to care as long as I am not bed ridden and remain active. You must have something different to me or have it worse. I hope everything is ok.

oh really !!! im going to ask the consultant on friday and get some answers because she seemed quite bothered about it maybe because of the high blood pressure too i dont know...i really want to exercise and be really active but cant do much because of my bp and now getting painful SPD its just a vicious circle!!! Not long left i suppose :)

xx

Wish I could help! I've got the opposite problem right now. Why is it that we can seem to win lol? Everytime I go it seems something else has cropped up! Hopefully there'll be sone sone knowledgeable girls along soon! Even if you need to have your baby soon, it will be just fine. Just make sure you get to enjoy the next two weeks as much as you can xxx

aww thanks for the reply......the things they dont tell u about pregnancy BEFORE?!?!! I suppose i should enjoy the next few weeks as much as possible......and get the room ready !!!! lol xx

Have they not given you anything for it? Like aspirin?

Nope!! No mention of it, I didnt think you could take asprin when pregas?xx

Maybe not but there are other thinners you can. I used them in my last pregnancy to prevent clotting.

ahh right - thanks for that i will ask the consultant tomorrow- thank you :):) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->