Anyone else working up until you go into labor?

Ps.. my Mat leave starts at 35weeks. Im currently using 2weeks holiday before that kicks in. I couldnt cope any longer, with my SPD I need the flexibility to be able to sit/stand/walk whenever I need to and it just wasnt possible in my work either due to staff shortage or certain managers lack of understanding...! X

I can't imagine working that long. I'm so tired and uncomfortable already! I've been off all summer as I'm a teacher and I'm absolutely dreading being back at work and busy on my feet all day long. My knees ache going for a long walk. How am I supposed to stand and walk all day long?

I plan on using sick time a few weeks before and then starting mat leave around 38 weeks. Good for you ladies who are working up to labour! I sure couldn't do it!

Are you in the UK? For most schools, pregnancy related sickness from 36 weeks will automatically spark maternity leave so you might not start at 38 weeks if you take sick leave. It may not be the case for you but worth checking out if you haven't already done so.

Yup :thumbup: any employer in the UK has the right to automatically start your mat leave if your off sick on or after 36weeks x

I'm in Canada ladies :) our mat leave is quite different here I think and you can take sick time prior to mat leave. We actually get a full year for mat leave here. I am confirming with human resources on Monday once the lady who deals with it is back from vacation. But this is what I have seen many other women do.

I'm going to 38 weeks. You'll probably know when you're in labour Hun and also most people go into labour at night. I know some ppl have very short labours but the fact you had a long first labour means it is probably pretty unlikely for you. You'll be fine.

I have been doing 1/2 days for the past 4 weeks and that has helped immensely as I have a 2 year old at home already. I am now a couple of days past by due date and still worked this morning. It is nice to get out of the house and have something else to focus my mind on, without tiring myself out too much at the same time.
I went quite a bit over my due date with #1 and REALLY wishing this one would come on its own, but we will see! OTherwise, back to work Monday

I can't imagine working that long. I'm so tired and uncomfortable already! I've been off all summer as I'm a teacher and I'm absolutely dreading being back at work and busy on my feet all day long. My knees ache going for a long walk. How am I supposed to stand and walk all day long?

I plan on using sick time a few weeks before and then starting mat leave around 38 weeks. Good for you ladies who are working up to labour! I sure couldn't do it!

Are you in the UK? For most schools, pregnancy related sickness from 36 weeks will automatically spark maternity leave so you might not start at 38 weeks if you take sick leave. It may not be the case for you but worth checking out if you haven't already done so.

Yup :thumbup: any employer in the UK has the right to automatically start your mat leave if your off sick on or after 36weeks x

I'm in Canada ladies :) our mat leave is quite different here I think and you can take sick time prior to mat leave. We actually get a full year for mat leave here. I am confirming with human resources on Monday once the lady who deals with it is back from vacation. But this is what I have seen many other women do.

This is true, I believe there's a disability pay before mat leave kicks in if you need time off before you deliver or the company you work for may have benefits. My co. pays for sick leave before our maternity date, just need the doctor to fill in a form. Then mat. leave starts for 1 year from when I put down my start date (which is why I chose it so close to my due date).

With dd1 I finished at 36 weeks the mat leave started at 38, she was 12 days late so I vowed to tough it out longer with my next baby!
With dd2 I finished at 38 weeks but took holiday up til my due date when my mat leave started. she was 2 weeks late which was frustrating but I couldn't have started my mat leave any later (has to be your due date at the latest in the uk) and my holiday time had to be used before mat leave cos my return date was a new holiday year and my old workplace doesn't let you carry it over.
This time I'll be working til my due date if possible. I'm an agency worker now so don't really get holiday pay as such. Also I only work 2 days a week so it should be doable.

with my first pregnancy I worked from 24 weeks until 37 weeks. I didn't have my son until 41+3 and this time around I plan on working up until I go into labor. My last job I didn't get any paid leave or even a promise that i'd have a job when I was ready to come back. This time around I have 'short term disability' but I can't start using that until I go into labor.

I'm going to have my last day at 36+1, then a weeks holiday, then mat leave starting 37+5 (weekends don't count and my working week starts a Tuesday so mat leave will begin then) and baby will be coming via section at 39weeks :)

Well Tuesday we're back to work after a long weekend here in Canada. We've packed the hospital bags this weekend and Tuesday I'm packing up my desk at work. Less than 15 work days left :bunny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->