Not open for further replies.

NeyNey

Love My IVF Munchkin
Reaction score
Chances are pretty high that I'm working this Xmas as I got
the last one off...and with my work everything doesn't stop
on Xmas.

anyone else working on the jolly day?

I didn't used to mind working over Christmas and bank holidays and stuff, cause I didn't have little ones. I always thought "I'm not a kid, I don't have kids, so I don't mind working so that other people can have some magic with their kids" - mind saying that, I haven't worked for nearly 5 years now so, there ya go....not through chice though, tbh I miss work

i'm assuming i'll be working..
gonna try and convince OH to work as well, if he works he'll end up getting over $50 an hour for that day!!

:hugs: Mynxie.

I don't mind it...I will probably have night shift so I won't start
until 4pm anyway, which still gives me Xmas lunch with my parents and DH.

Then there's the holiday pay too :)
And the staff at work usually make a fun day out of it...we kid with
eachother and bring little "xmas meals" and things....so it's not too bad.

Thankfully no, the shop shuts for xmas day so we all get it off and paid for it :D

I'll be on mat leave but my mum is :'(

I didn't used to mind working over Christmas and bank holidays and stuff, cause I didn't have little ones. I always thought "I'm not a kid, I don't have kids, so I don't mind working so that other people can have some magic with their kids" - mind saying that, I haven't worked for nearly 5 years now so, there ya go....not through chice though, tbh I miss work

That's what happens here. The employees with LOs usually get priority to have xmas day off and the others either do 7-3 or 1-9. 1-9 shift is terrible >=(

I would kill my OH if he went into work xmas day.. couldn't pay me enough to let that happen lol thankfully we have the choice

The only work i intend on doing is maybe pushing a baby out lol

If i wernt on mat leave i wouldnt be working either though .. motor trade is v v quiet over xmas so no point in opening

No as on Mat leave, and OH wont be (his business partner dont even like working a normal day let alone xmas!) But MIL is so we dont have to see her till afternoon! so its dinner at my mums then go and visit the rest! xx

I worked it a couple of years ago, although all I had to do was monitor the year end jobs on the IT systems at certains times throughout the day so not too bad. I spent the day at my parents and just disappeared upstairs to dial in once an hour.

We no longer monitor the systems (passed to HO in Europe), so Xmas's are free from now on!:happydance:

nope im at work xmas eve (i think) although the shop might shut early so i might just hit lucky and then im off till the sunday!! woohoo!!

my husband works every night over xmas and new year.

loads of mextra money though !!! yay!!
I do miss him being there when daughter open her pressies though, but you cant expect her to wait, its hard enough for kids to wait for xmas to actually come.lol

Im on mat leave, but i would of been working if i wasn't!!! GRRRR I worked last year, and the year before. It's about time i had that day off :D

I will prob be working at some point as we have to keep at least 1 theatre (OR) open for emergencies and i know xmas eve is a normal working day full op lists :( if not xmas will def be new year which i would prefer to work to be honest

I would have been nightshift christmas eve/christmas day this year if I wasn't on maternity leave-but OH still has to work it which sucks! Least he will be here most of the day, even if he is half asleep! x

I'm lucky - in my job we are off xmas day, boxing day, and new years day - although back in January I booked the days off in between xmas & new year so I'm off for just over a week!! And when I get back to work in January 09 I'll book the same three days off again!!

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back