Anyone else worried that they don't 'feel' pregnant enough?

ReeJo

Reaction score
I'm 8 weeks and have a little cramping occassionally, sore and growing boobs and am quite hungry quite a lo! But other than that no real sickness etc and I know it's totally irrational but I'm worried that I don't 'feel' pregnant enough! I think I'm just so happy and excited knowing I'm pregnant I'm happy worrying too much and expecting too much! I know that's silly but just wondered what everyone else thought?

Hi I know exactly how you feel, I'm 11 weeks today and so far no major symptoms other than tiredness and peeing alot at night. I don't really 'feel' pregnant either but after 2 scans I know all is ok and baby is fine. Don't worry everything will be ok and sit back feet up and enjoy ;)

I don't really feel pregnant either. I guess it's still so early.

I didnt even feel tired with first and second pregnancies, no sickness, heartburn, extra peeing, no symptoms in 1st tri whatsoever, and they both are healthy girls now :)

Okay, so I'm not so far along (not quite 5 weeks) but I feel *very* much like this, I think perhaps partly because I've had a miscarriage in the past and I'm a bit paranoid (not to mention the fact I'm a natural born worrier!).

But I know ladies who felt just like this early on, and who have gone on to have gorgeous healthy babies with no problems :)

Have you got your scan date yet? Seeing the lil' bean will put your mind at rest I'm sure :)

I feel just the same, I'm 5+3 and although I'm experiencing all the right early pregnancy symptoms +3 positive pregnancy tests I'm terrified that I want this so bad that my body is making it up and my mind is playing tricks on me... I know that's a little weird, but I can't help myself :( not being pregnant is my worst nightmare now :( xx

I'm the same having a previous MMC 2 years ago. My boobs and discharge are my only symptom and I am too paranoid even after my 5+3 scan with a yolk and all is well.
I think my brains in a defence mode in case at my 7+3 scan there's something wrong.

I have had a lot of mild symptoms come and go... cramping, swollen boobs, tiredness, sleeplessness, vivid dreams, m/s, sore nipples, bloat, and etc... i expressed my concern to my doctor and though they don't do scans, they did take my HCG and my level was 137,450 - which is considered within normal range for 8 weeks. I feel a lot better.

I have felt like this too. Although I did have some symptoms, they were mild. However my sister has had very mild symptoms also (she's now 22 weeks) and my mom said she had ZERO symptoms with my sister and I (she didn't even know till she was 3 months along with my sis!)

According to everything it is normal but it is worrisome. Although I really was afraid of morning sickness

I'm glad you posted this! I have been asking friends and "researching" online (which only makes you worry more) about why I havent had any morning sickness. I have only had back pain and slight cramping. My boobs did hurt but not as bad anymore. My husband has told me to stop worrying :) and my friend said she would forget she was pregnant sometimes because of the lack of her symptoms and she has a healthy baby boy now! So I think we all need to just relax and be thankful that we are lucky enough not to be sick all the time :)

Just want to say a big thanks for posting this and all the responses as i feel exacatly the same haven really had and major symptons part from feeling a bit sick now and then.
dont no why im being so paranoid as i didn have any symptoms with my 1st lol
i find the more i research the more i worry.
think i just need to try and relax and just take it as it comes lol

With my lo i had ZERO symptoms, i was so worried that i paid for a private scan; he's now 27 months old lol this time i feel pretty much the same, some days i completely forget xx

I don't feel pregnant, just sick :) for me I don't really feel pregnant until the baby is kicking me for the first times...then it really sinks in.

I have pretty minor symptoms, but I'm not all that worried about them (worrying was SO last week for me. This week, I'm picking out nursery colors! LOL! Gotta love the roller coaster hormones).

Except for running to the bathroom every 2 hours, falling asleep between 8pm and 9pm every night, and mild queasiness in the afternoon/evening, I feel great! Better than ever!

Both my mom and sister-in-law had such terrible pregnancy symptoms. They vomited multiple times a day starting at week 4 and lasting nearly their whole pregnancies. They could barely keep any food down at all. After hearing their tales of horror, I fully expected to go through the same thing.

I'm happily surprised (knock on wood) with my mild symptoms so far. As long as baby is fine, I'm not going to stress too much about it.

I felt the same way early on, but honestly, be thankful for it! lol. Some women feel absolutely horrible during the first trimester. I was one of the lucky ones who escaped morning sickness and had a pretty smooth first trimester. My baby is healthy and doing great! I wouldn't read into it at all :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->