• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone else worry if you can do this?

Peanutt

Reaction score
I've started to worry about if I'll be a good mother. Like, what if I accidentally smother the poor child? Or don't feed him/her right? Or don't wake up at night when my baby cries and needs me? Or what if I don't like my baby? Or get postpartum depression and turn into one of those crazy moms you read about on the news?

Try not to worry hun! Just enjoy your pregnancy for now! You'll be amazing mum! We mothers have instincts and hormones :) Plus there is so much info available on every aspect of caring for a child. I had the same worries while pregnant with my first :)

i think this is totally normal thoughts. the fact that you are worried about not being a good mother shows how much you care! you will be fantastic relax :hugs:

I was exactly the same when I was pregnant with my first but it just kinda happens.
I used to wake up from what I thought was a deep sleep if my DS made the slightest noise. There's support groups and lots of information out there to help too.
I had depression before,during and after the birth of my son and my midwife was amazing! My depression got worse once I had him, she never judged me or anything just offered me loads of help and advice! But believe me, I have the exact same worries this time around even though I've already done it oncE!
My advice that im trying to follow is to try not to worry about something that hasn't and might not even happen! Try and enjoy being pregnant and if there's some issues once baby is born (which I'm sure they won't be) then deal with them head on! Everyone here will still be here to help and support you too!

It is completely natural to have these worries, but there is lots of support out there if you ever need any advice on feeding etc. You will be fine. :)

Oh love, trust me you will be great, if you were not worried that would be cause for concern, by the way, not waking in the night is wishful thinking, you wake up if they cry and if they don't xxxx :hugs:

I've been feeling the same way lately. I keep thinking "Oh God, what have we done?! Why did we think we could handle this??" Yet here I am, talking on baby forums and excitedly ordering baby items and maternity clothes. I think it is normal to have some doubts or fears.

Try not to worry girls. mothers instinct soon kicks in once he/she/they are here, no one knows what they are doing at first but you
just learn. And if you do struggle all you need to do is ask and you will get help. I felt exactly the same before I had my little boy, and I still feel like that now, am I bringing him up right, could I do things better etc.. but everyone is different, and has different needs and wants, my boy is happy and healthy and loves his mammy so must be doing something right :) xx

I've started to worry about if I'll be a good mother. Like, what if I accidentally smother the poor child? Or don't feed him/her right? Or don't wake up at night when my baby cries and needs me? Or what if I don't like my baby? Or get postpartum depression and turn into one of those crazy moms you read about on the news?

i think it's really common to have these fears. in fact, i think it goes to show that you will be a good mother because you are thinking about your baby and clearly want to be the best mom you can!

I was my mom's first baby and she said she worried about stuff like this constantly! when she first brought me home, she said she was afraid she would accidentally break my little arm trying to get me into my onesies and what not :) her doctor at the time told her that lots of new moms have fears like this!

for me personally, i have a ton of fears because this is my first baby and the pregnancy was unplanned and a complete surprise! my boyfriend and my family members that know so far are incredibly supportive, but it's just so scary wondering if i can handle all this. i never even considered not keeping the baby, but i'm worrying about everything from being a good mom...post-partum depression (i have a history of depression anyways).. and even though my boyfriend is beyond supportive and really stepping up to the plate, sometimes i worry how having a baby will effect our relationship and how that might effect the LO.

long story short - i think that if you are having these fears it just goes to show that you will be a loving and caring mom who wants whats best for her baby. don't be too hard on yourself. :hugs:

Thank you all. I'm still wondering just what exactly I got myself in to but it's nice to know I'm not alone in my thoughts and that others have thought the same thing but now have happy healthy children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"