• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone else WTT because of unstable circumstances?

DoodleDoo

Reaction score
I'm graduating from my undergrad degree in a few weeks but OH has another year left until he graduates. Also, I've just confirmed my place on an one year long MA course after winning a (fantastic) scholarship opportunity. After that I hope to do a PhD (though haven't ruled out ttc during that). We don't know where we'll be living next year yet and we're definitely going to be poor for the foreseeable future - as well as having next to no free time.

BUT I'm still super broody :dohh: My friends are starting to have babies now so I'm constantly surrounded by pregnant women/ tiny babies. I'm forever celebrating these events at baby showers / welcome to the world parties. It's so petty but I feel sad because when I fell pregnant at 18 with our daughter I felt so ashamed with myself and did none of this nice stuff. Plus, our daughter is turning two this summer and I'm starting to worry about a large age gap / her being lonely.

I'm only 21, OH is 25. We have loads of time. But nonetheless it's making me fed up! *moan*

Anyone else in the same boat of having to fix stuff before ttc?

Hi!!

My partner and I are wanting to try for a baby, because I only have a small amount of time that I am actually able to conceive in (due to health issues). Im 19 and I am at uni (in a 6 year course)!! So stuck in a little bit of a cross roads.. How did you cope with uni and a little one???

Hi!!

My partner and I are wanting to try for a baby, because I only have a small amount of time that I am actually able to conceive in (due to health issues). Im 19 and I am at uni (in a 6 year course)!! So stuck in a little bit of a cross roads.. How did you cope with uni and a little one???

So sorry for the late reply. Craaazzy deadlines but now I'm done with uni!

Uni is tough with a little one. It's not too bad with a baby, but really hard with a toddler who knows she misses you when you're working long hours in the library. However, it's totally do-able, and so rewarding.

Are you from the UK? Here, student finance provide 85% of childcare costs, as well as a parent's learning allowance to help financially, on top of any student loans (dependent upon your partner's income). That's really helped us financially. Also, if you and your partner are both students (as we are) you are entitled to housing benefit to help with living costs. In the summer too, you can claim for job seekers allowance, where most students cannot.

In terms of time, we have support one day a week from my partner's mum (which really helps), so we get to study. On the other days, Daisy goes to nursery - many unis have their own nurseries with reduced rates for students and staff. During normal term-time, it's pretty much like having a job and seeing your child on weekends and evenings. During assessment period it is like having a job from hell. For me, anyway. I spend 2/3 months of the year feeling like a crappy parent and a crappy student, needing to work from dawn til dusk, literally seeing my child to give her dinner and put her to bed - and then carrying on with work. In the summer and during holiday periods it's like a dream. I usually have a part-time job but I try to do less than 16 hours a week so as to spend as much time as humanly possible with my little one.

It's really crazy but hands down it's the most rewarding thing ever. It's hard with a child but they motivate you 100 times over to carry on, so that they can be proud and so that you can support them. When you get good grades back it is the very best feeling, knowing that the time spent away has been worthwhile. I'm starting a post-grad course in October, so I think that proves I'd do it all over again :haha:

If you want to chat at all just message me and you ca add me on fb - as I rarely get chance to come on here anymore! GL xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"