Anyone else young and TTC#1?

Hi everyone :)

This is the first time I have commented on one of these threads as I usually just read the comments others are saying but I feel really drawn to this one and comfortable to comment as it seems like me are all in the same boat! I am 22 and my partner is 26 and we have now been together for 5 years. We decided to try for a baby 5 months ago and so I came off my pill (which I had been on since we got together). I completely agree endlessblue, at school they try and convince you that having sex once will always end in pregnancy and to be completely honest, I didn't realise how many factors were involved or just how difficult it can be until we started to try!! I have a few questions which hopefully some of you lovely ladies could help me with...

Firstly, probably a very obvious question but what does AF stand for?? I have gathered from the context that it is being uses in that it means period but I can't for the life of me figure out what it actually stands for haha!

Next, have any of you had any problems with going back into a regular cycle after coming off your pill/contraception? As I said I was on my pill for 5 years and since coming off 5 months ago I have only had 2 periods which have been about 8-10 weeks apart! I'm starting to get quite worried about this.

Lastly (for now lol), I have been trying to check my CM on a daily basis to try and figure out when I may be ovulating however I tend to have either creamy or stretchy CM constantly between periods :S I don't know if this is just because my body is still regulating itself or not but its very frustrating!!

Anyway I look forward to getting a reply and hopefully I won't be waiting much longer because the disappointment is a killer! I will pray to the baby gods for all of you lol :) x

This is the first time I have commented on one of these threads as I usually just read the comments others are saying but I feel really drawn to this one and comfortable to comment as it seems like me are all in the same boat! I am 22 and my partner is 26 and we have now been together for 5 years. We decided to try for a baby 5 months ago and so I came off my pill (which I had been on since we got together). I completely agree endlessblue, at school they try and convince you that having sex once will always end in pregnancy and to be completely honest, I didn't realise how many factors were involved or just how difficult it can be until we started to try!! I have a few questions which hopefully some of you lovely ladies could help me with...

Firstly, probably a very obvious question but what does AF stand for?? I have gathered from the context that it is being uses in that it means period but I can't for the life of me figure out what it actually stands for haha!

Next, have any of you had any problems with going back into a regular cycle after coming off your pill/contraception? As I said I was on my pill for 5 years and since coming off 5 months ago I have only had 2 periods which have been about 8-10 weeks apart! I'm starting to get quite worried about this.

Lastly (for now lol), I have been trying to check my CM on a daily basis to try and figure out when I may be ovulating however I tend to have either creamy or stretchy CM constantly between periods :S I don't know if this is just because my body is still regulating itself or not but its very frustrating!!

Anyway I look forward to getting a reply and hopefully I won't be waiting much longer because the disappointment is a killer! I will pray to the baby gods for all of you lol :) x

Hi hun, AF stands for 'aunt flo'. Can't say I've ever used that term in person but always used it on forums lol! As for going back into regular cycles, I think it partly depends on your cycles previous to going onto contraception. I was pretty regular beforehand, then went onto the pill for 7 years and my first cycle after stopping the pill was 27 days. Every woman is different though and there is no 'norm' but if you are worried, pop along to your gp :)

I don't really know much about CM to be honest - hopefully the other ladies can advise there! I didn't really have any EWCM in my first cycle after the pill but had loads this cycle prior to ovulation, so yes it may just be that your body is adjusting.

Sorry, that's not really a helpful post! But hope it helps just a little :) x

Hi hun, AF stands for 'aunt flo'. Can't say I've ever used that term in person but always used it on forums lol! As for going back into regular cycles, I think it partly depends on your cycles previous to going onto contraception. I was pretty regular beforehand, then went onto the pill for 7 years and my first cycle after stopping the pill was 27 days. Every woman is different though and there is no 'norm' but if you are worried, pop along to your gp :)

I don't really know much about CM to be honest - hopefully the other ladies can advise there! I didn't really have any EWCM in my first cycle after the pill but had loads this cycle prior to ovulation, so yes it may just be that your body is adjusting.

Sorry, that's not really a helpful post! But hope it helps just a little :) x

No it's very helpful lol thanks! Okay good atleast now when I use the abbreviation I will actually know what I'm talking about haha.

Well to be honest I never really paid attention to my cycles before going on the pill so I wouldn't know what to expect :S all I remember is missing swimming in school every 4/5 weeks so my cycles certainly weren't 8 weeks long! I'm going to give it another month or so and if they haven't settled I will go to my doctor. My only worry is I read on another forum about a girl who went to her doc as cycles were still irregular after 8 months and the doctor suggested going back on the pill to try and regulate them which in my opinion clearly defeats the purpose.

As for the CM I think I will just try and keep a diary of some sort to try and keep track of it.

So do you think you have been lucky this month?? :) x

Im 21 and ttc our first.. This is my first month off the pill and judging by my cm I am 8dpo, so fingers crossed for everyone they get the results they're hoping for!! :)

Hiii ladies me and my OH have just started TTC I'm 25 and I'm sat here wondering an I young to post on here or an I old haha my OH is 30.

I completely agree its hard to tell family esp that we are TTC as when I fell pregnant when I was 21 my mom felt i wasn't ready and she panicked a little I completely understand why as she had me when she was 16 and she still saw me as her baby and didn't want me to struggle how she did but as she started to get her head around it I had an ectopic pregnancy, this time round iv told my mom were planning on TTC and she still worries even though we have a home and good stable jobs but she just wants the best for me my OH she's been putting pressure on me to start trying for a baby since the ectopic in 2009 but we haven't been ready now I feel pressure to get pregnant because she will be disappointed not to be a nan and I only have one tube so I feel petrified and wish she didn't have that excitement and wish she didn't know we were TTC as I feel pressurised for it to happen NOW.

Well I hope you all get your BFPs soon :) xxx

Guess I'm still considered young. I'm 26, DH is about to turn 31. As you can see by my sig we've been trying for 9 months now. Not a single positive results so far. :(

Hi! I'm 22, DH is almost 25, and we've been TTC for almost 3 years now. I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in March of 2011, and we haven't had any luck since. The doctors all say that nothing is wrong with us and don't know why we're not conceiving! Here's hoping we all get our BFP's soon!!!

No it's very helpful lol thanks! Okay good atleast now when I use the abbreviation I will actually know what I'm talking about haha.

Well to be honest I never really paid attention to my cycles before going on the pill so I wouldn't know what to expect :S all I remember is missing swimming in school every 4/5 weeks so my cycles certainly weren't 8 weeks long! I'm going to give it another month or so and if they haven't settled I will go to my doctor. My only worry is I read on another forum about a girl who went to her doc as cycles were still irregular after 8 months and the doctor suggested going back on the pill to try and regulate them which in my opinion clearly defeats the purpose.

As for the CM I think I will just try and keep a diary of some sort to try and keep track of it.

So do you think you have been lucky this month?? :) x

I was feeling pretty hopeful on friday, had 2 days of cramps, AF 2 days late... then it turned up on saturday! :( It's only been a few months now but part of me feels like it's never going to happen! You know when you've wanted something for so long...?! Ah well! Onto the next cycle...

Whereabouts are you in your cycle now hun? AF due soon? Hope you get your bfp!! :) x

I just turned 25 in May.
Idk if that's considered young in the baby-having world but a lot of people tell me I'm still young for children.
I've wanted to get pregnant since I was 16 (although I obviously knew I couldn't).
I'm so ready for baby #1!

I'm 22 and my DH is 32, he already has a son but we have been trying for 7 months no luck!!!!!!

I don't ovulate because I have low progesterone but I started on vitex two weeks ago and I finally ovulated today!!!!!

babydustttttt to alll:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->