Anyone else?

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
Has anyone else in the UK not had a blood test or any kind of test done by the doctor to confirm your pregnancy?
I done about 6 tests at home (lol) so made an appointment to let doc know and they didn't do any tests or such the only thing that will actually 'confirm' the pregnancy is a scan im having when im 10 weeks.
Anyone else the same? Just been reading all these threads about hcg levels so was wondering.

Hey, as far as I know thats perfectly normal, i've not had any other confirmation other than a home pregnancy test. Because hpt are pretty much accurate there's no need for a doctor to confirm it any other way. Congrats xx

Yea, I'm the same. I just phoned my doctor and told him I was pregnant and he told me to make an appointment with the midwife for when I'm 8 weeks. He didn't ask anything about the tests I have taken, he just accepted it. I think it's pretty normal. They don't seem to monitor hcg levels at all over here.

Hcg monitoring is not standard in the UK - the posts you will see are by the ladies on the other side of the pond, those with history of mc, are having early pregnancy problems or suspected or previous ectopic. Plus our home pregnancy tests are generally more sensitive than those in the surgery.

I've never had my hcg tested :)

In the UK we just assume all is well in the absence of pain or bleeding! Xx

Thats normal. Home pregnancy tests work exactly the same as the hospital/ GP surgery ones, so why waste NHS money when you already know the answer. I doubt many women go to the doctors and pretend to be pregnant.

I've not had any hCG levels done in my first 3 pregnancies, even though 3rd was a MMC. This time I had levels done due to spotting early on to see if they were high enough to scan, and then later when bleeding got worse to make sure they were still rising.

From what I've read a lot of the time routine hCG levels cause a lot of worry and don't change anything. Useful if there's a clinical issue with the pregnancy such as pain or bleeding, but other than that not really needed.

Thanks for clearing that up everyone! Yeah I was just reading all these threads about hcg levels and was getting confused about why noone had tested mine or anything lol didnt know majority werent from the uk. Got a scan in just under 3 weeks so cant wait for that!

My doctor did a pregnancy test when I saw him but that's it! He only did it for my peace of mind... says he does it with all FTM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->