Anyone elses 8 month old not hold their own bottle?

Staceysparkle

Reaction score
LO is 8 and a half months old and isn't interested in holding his own bottle in the slightest. I'm quite happy as I love feeding him and its about the only thing that makes him still seem like a little baby now he's crawling and becoming more independent. I hadn't even given it a second thought until a few friends commented the other day that their LOs were holding their own bottles at his age.

lucas does hold his own bottle but he doesn't like to! i just started holding it out to him, just out of his reach until he reached out and took it. i lay him on the sofa propped up by a pillow as he doesn't know how to tilt it up though :)

Me!!! My lo has not interest in holding it while feeding but will happily play with empty bottle afterwards. I did think maybe it was because I use mam bottles and they are heavier. Tbh I wouldn't listen to anyone else, at least we still get cuddles whilst feeding :)

my son is 9 months old and doesn't hold his own bottle :shrug:
it doesnt bother me though...he only takes a bottle first thing in the morning and before bed so i enjoy the cuddles

Holly never held her own bottle, always preferred me to hold it for her and I was happy to do so :) She stopped having bottles at 13 months and holds her own beaker no problem though :)

My little girl never held hers until she was about 11 months, I kept waiting for her to do it and then when she could I missed it.
MY sons is trying to hold his already but cant as its too heavy yet.

Coralie only started doing this herself about a week ago and she certainly doesn't do it consistently! She's far too lazy, she'd rather I do it lol

My LO has just turned 9 months and only the past few days she's started wanting to hold her own bottle, but she can only hold it if she's laying down on the couch/her cot. She has tried but failed until now, but i think thats because we use dr browns and they we're too heavy/big. x

How many bottles are everyone's LO's having? After seeing brunette&bubs post i'm starting to think maybe I should drop Coralie's afternoon bottle? At the mo she has three x

my LO isn't quite 8 months but doesn't hold her own bottle.
I hadn't even thought of it til I saw 2 5 month olds at baby group last week holding it themselves with minimal help.
I'm not that bothered coz i get cuddles and am missing the closeness of breastfeeding now that we're down to 1 breastfeed per day.
Teaching her to hold the water cup is more important to me at this point!

My 9 month old doesn't, think it's because they are dr brown and too heavy, I don't want him too though! He's crawling about so much now, I enjoy the little cuddles. In answer to Louppeys question, we've just dropped the pm bottle and trying 2 as he stopped eating as much food, he's eaten loads again today because he hasn't had his pm bottle, still having 18 oz though, 8 in morning, 2 mixed in cereal and 8 at night, hope this helps x

I don't see why it would matter to be honest. Breastfed babies don't ever hold a bottle to feed themselves, so it's nothing that a baby has to learn. It's also nice to have the bodily contact at feeding time.

Is he drinking out of a cup at all? Maybe teach him that rather than bottle holding :)

Holly doesn't hold her own bottle and she's nearly 11 months - lazy madam :haha: Louppey, Holly still has 3 bottles (21oz a day) - her dietician said it's fine.

My 12 month old doesn't hold her own yet.

She can drink from a sippy or straw cup fine though!

She has 2 5-6oz bottles a day now and most of her diet is solids xx

My boy is 14 months old and still doesn't hold his bottle! He could, if he wanted to, he's just soooooooooo lazy!

Laura x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->