Anyone else's baby measuring a large Head?

nlz2468

Reaction score
Hi i'm just popping over from 2nd tri and thought i would just ask to see if i get any responses...

At my anomaly scan preformed at 20+4 weeks and my Head Circumfrerence measured 187mm!! :o and now i'm worried that its a little on the larger side :wacko:

Can anyone relate to this or give me advice?

x

My son's 20 week measurements weren't far off yours, His Head Circumference was 183.4 mm!! He was born 9lb7 and not gonna lie, he had a massive head lol! But it's nothing to worry about, if they were concerned at the hospital I'm sure they would have mentioned something :) xx

That seems fine... mine was 197.1mm!! I am now measuring 4 weeks ahead so know I have a big baby in here, but they are not worried in the slightest (I am! hehe).

I really don't mind a big baby as long as i know that everythings normal with his head i was 8lb 13oz but i was overdue when i was born x

in my second tri my baby girl had a head in the 83rd percentile! Huge!

Thanks for your responses girls i am still a little worried! I shall wait and see what my 28 week growth scan measurments are i think i'm more worried because my baby seems to have a bigger head circumference compared to other womans measurments at there 20 week scans from what ive researched the average is around 170-178mm and mine measured 187mm at 20+4weeks :( x

At my 20week scan babys head was 190mm!! FL was 37mm but they never said anything about her size but after the scan i googled it and they were the size of a 22week baby. what were the other measurments? x

on the chart they gave you it will have a wee graph with each measurement so long as the measurements are on the chart and not vastly different lines on the chart then theres nothing to worry about

At my 20week scan babys head was 190mm!! FL was 37mm but they never said anything about her size but after the scan i googled it and they were the size of a 22week baby. what were the other measurments? x

my measurments were

HC 187.1mm
AC 157.6mm
FL 30.8mm

x

If you go to this website, the measurments are all within the normal range:
https://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html

If you go three quaters of the way down the page to where its titled:
Ultrasound Fetal Measurement Standards Chart
NOTE: +/- Standard deviations shown in (brackets). Measurements are for completed weeks.

You will see that for HC at 20 weeks it says 170(20) the 20 in brackets (as above) is the variation amount, so anything from 150 to 190 is in the normal range for 20 weeks.

The HC for 21 weeks is 176(20) so anything between 156 to 196 is normal.

As you are 20.4 I would therefore say that somehwere in between would be normal.

Dont worry, as I said above, mine was 197.1 and I had my scan bang on 20 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->