• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone else's cycles shortening? Help.

Aerith07

Reaction score
We're not TTC yet, but I am starting to get concerned about my cycles. I used to have 30 cycles but within the last 6 months or so they've shortened to 25 days. This is very unusual for me. Should I be concerned?

Has anyone else dealt with this?

Cycles can change over time, especially after you’ve had kids. Do you track ovulation at all?
Some women’s cycles shorten as they get older as well but I think that’s more women who are approaching menopause age. If that’s something you’re concerned about then might be worth seeing your doctor for blood tests.

Meant to add, I’ve had shorter cycles since DS2 was born and have been ovulating.

My cycles have shortened a lot this past year... I worried a lot about whether or not this was affecting my fertility. I recently started testing twice a day since last cycle and it turned out that I was ovulating, just much earlier in the cycle than I thought. Hopefully you'll be fine!

I'm only 27 so hoping its nothing crazy like early menopause. I have two kids and my youngest is 2 and a half, so my cycles are typically pretty normal. Just within the past few months they have shortened by 5 days which has never happened to me before. So it's not from having kids. I guess I'm worried about hormonal imbalance, but I have no tests to back it up. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with something similar.

Are you coming off any kind of birth control?
Mine were always 28 days on birth control then went to 24/25 days and last cycle was 26 days . No idea what this months cycle will be as I didn’t use OPKs .

My cycles shortened to 25 days when I was stressed out. Short cycles did make it harder for me to get pregnant, and from the reaeares I've read that seems to be the trend. Exercising, eating a balanced diet and yoga all lengthened my cycle. Acupuncture also helped when I was doing that.

Thanks ladies. No birth control here.

I've also read about stress and diet and how of effects our cycles. I'm going to make an appointment to make sure there's not sort of imbalance going on and then I'm going to tackle it with better eating and try not to stress as much... Easier said than done. :haha:

My cycle last month was 20 days. I felt super stressed so I’m almost positive that’s why. My cycles always were 27/28 days until after I had our daughter sand they shortened to 25/26 days. I read about taking B6 and vitamin c to lengthen your lp. I couldn’t handle the B6, it made me super anxious. My guess is I was getting too much of it. So I continued the vitamin C and so far I am on cd20 and no af yet. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed!

Mine have too! I have always been 27/28 day cycle but I've gone down to 26,25 then 17 last cycle!! and now I'm 22 and feel like AF is due :(

Mine were short by a few days too after period returned after LO was born. Then over the course of the year it lengthened to be about the same as before. I talked to gyno about it and she said it's all normal. I think mine was down from 28 days to 25 and she was like oh pfft 25 days is fine. So definitely talk to your gyno but no reason to be alarmed.

I am also worried about my cycle length. I only bleed for 3-4 days and my cycles range from 25-35 days...its like 2 weeks are long and 2 weeks are short.... i am just starting to track my O day and im worried maybe im not ovulatig at all?!

Screenshot_20181016-181414_My Calendar.jpg

I am also worried about my cycle length. I only bleed for 3-4 days and my cycles range from 25-35 days...its like 2 weeks are long and 2 weeks are short.... i am just starting to track my O day and im worried maybe im not ovulatig at all?!

View attachment 1045754
Do you temp? They say that is usually a for sure way of knowing you ovulate!

My cycles have shortened the last 6 months from around 27 days to 24 but ovulation day has remained the same so I've gone from a 10 or 11 day luteal phase to 8 or 9 :-( I've been TTC for over a year now & had blood tests which were normal, I have an appointment at a fertility clinic for more testing on Tuesday so hopefully I can get it sorted soon! I'm not sure whether its stress as the months have gone on TTC or something else. I have started reflexology too to see if it can help!

My cycles have shortened the last 6 months from around 27 days to 24 but ovulation day has remained the same so I've gone from a 10 or 11 day luteal phase to 8 or 9 :-( I've been TTC for over a year now & had blood tests which were normal, I have an appointment at a fertility clinic for more testing on Tuesday so hopefully I can get it sorted soon! I'm not sure whether its stress as the months have gone on TTC or something else. I have started reflexology too to see if it can help!

I tried vitamin c supplements last cycle to lengthen my LP and it seemed to work. I don’t know if it was coincidence or what. But I figured it doesn’t hurt. My LP the month before was 9 days and I had a chemical a few months ago so I wonder if it was because my LP wasn’t long enough. I am taking them this cycle also and am ready to ovulate so if I remember, I’ll update to let you know if it worked again this cycle. I did read that stress will shorten your LP and for some reason vitamin C helps with it.

I tried vitamin c supplements last cycle to lengthen my LP and it seemed to work. I don’t know if it was coincidence or what. But I figured it doesn’t hurt. My LP the month before was 9 days and I had a chemical a few months ago so I wonder if it was because my LP wasn’t long enough. I am taking them this cycle also and am ready to ovulate so if I remember, I’ll update to let you know if it worked again this cycle. I did read that stress will shorten your LP and for some reason vitamin C helps with it.

I take vitamin c every day & have done for about a year now. I've also tried vitamin b complex too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"