• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone elses dh's this silly...

happyladybugg

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here, my name is Christina. My DH and I have been ttc for six months now and I hope to not be around this forum too much longer...no offense:winkwink: I am currently 8dpo but I'm not going to test until I am at least a week or so late without seeing the ugly :witch: I cant take another :bfn: So in these last six months my hubby will not under any circumstances let me take a test with out him being present...of course I have snuck a couple here or there but it just cracks me up. He says he wants to be involved for the nitty gritty very beginning...bless his heart :blush:

Any other hubbys this obssessed?? I'm jealous of all of you who get to poas freely!!!

I guess since this is my introduction I should make myself a little less mysterious... I am 28 and DH is 33 we are ttc our first child together it has been 6 months so far, I was on the pill for 5 years and stopped it in October. Hubby and I both have children from previous relationships. I have a daughter who is 7 and two stepsons 13 and 8. I have a cat who thinks he is a human and gets very offended if you treat him any differently. Thats just a little bit about me!

Good luck sooo much hunny! hope this is your month!!!! my OH doesnt get involved in any of the nitty gritty, he too wimpy for that, wont even go near the pee end of the test and certainly wouldnt be looking down the 'dirty end' as he calls it during labour lmao!!!

xxxx

hahaha yeah my hub already told me that when the baby comes out he'll be right up by my head!!!! but the pee sticks sure dont scare him!! He even went as far as hiding one behind the curtain on the windowsill :dohh: so I couldnt find it and use it without him. I just get so embarrassed and sad everytime he tells me it says no( I let him tell me the results), I really hope the next time he can tell me it says YES!

my oh likes to get involved but i dont let him. i like to do it by myself. :rofl: im mean!

Broodylocket, same here with me ... my DH is always amazed by the OPKs and HPTs, and he's always asking why I'm testing without letting him know .. he'll get all excited as he stares at the test window for any result. I've let him "help" (no help at all, I'd say, haha) a couple of times but I'd prefer to test myself in private. Although the anticipation can kill me especially when it's a HPT!

Don't you just love your OH's!!!!
A few years ago I thought I was pregnant and talked it through with my OH, we were away for the weekend so when I got home i bought a test on the way to work and did it at work, it was :bfn:, which at the time was ok( though still a little disappointing as we had said if it was positive then we would obviously keep it), but when I told my OH he got all offended and said we should have done the test together which quite surprised me.
Now that we are actually trying he seems to be running from any of the technical side and just gets groased out when he knows that I have been poas!!!!!! The other day he even asked me where we were at and I said that my period is due this friday and his response....... "so what does that mean?":dohh: He really hasn't got a clue about the whole concept of TTC, bless!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Happyladybug - I think I am around the same as you on our cycles. I am on cd21 right now...seeing similar "symptoms" as you so I am hopeful too. This is our 1st month ttc though and I only just went off the pill so maybe its my body getting back to normal...I do just feel different though - again will look really silly when :witch: arrives eh!:dohh:

About my oh being involved, he is so excited and wants to be involved. He is away with work at the moment so I am going to see him at the weekend (he gets to stay in a nice country cottage in Cornwall so why not eh!) and last night he said he will be there with a hpt for me...I told him I think its too early but he is keen anyway! We'll see...its so hard this tww and I'm only on my 1st month trying!!!

Good luck to everyone!

lol, i love it when our hubbys get like that.!
mine even talks in our lingo, lol. eg, so is it O day yet? are we gonna go n BD? (while wiggling his eyebrows) lol, its just weird i think.
but i think this is all good and reassuring that they want to be involved. if im out this month i have to wait till august now cos DH away with army, but everyday he keeps ringing me n asking what im going thru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"