Anyone else's dog super clingy?

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Let me preface by saying our 2 yr old boxer is more my husbands dog than anyone's. He's all wiggles and hugs when hubby comes home from work and all I ever get is the "oh, you're back look". I'm lucky to get a random hug once a week if that lol

Anyway since last week (about that time I *think* I dropped) pup has been following me everywhere, giving hugs and kisses and taking naps basically on top of me haha
I'm hoping this is his way of saying "she's coming soon". (A girl can dream, right? :haha:)

Anyone else have this going on?

I have a german shepherd, still quite a young dog at a year old. She's both mine and my husbands dog but she gives him more of an animated grating, squeaking like only a shepherd can! As much as they say they are one man dogs, I cannot move without her after me making sure I'm ok. I can't go to the bathroom without her standing looking or camping outside. She has taken to staring at me sometimes & will shove her nose into my crotch when I'm doing the dishes & is very aware of my every movement. She has only taken it to the next level when I turned about 36 weeks (last week). I am a behaviourist and groomer & it actually has shocked me in a sense experiencing it first hand. I know she understands the hormone fluctuations & is acutely aware of my new smells (well if I am,she certainly can). I am getting to the stage were I wish she could tell me what's happening and when I'm going to go into labour!!

My younger collie is very much one person towards me, he's always been a dog that ignores others. But my old boy is very clingy, but weirdly enough to DH. He didn't live with us when DS was on his way or first arrived but he seems pretty stressed about what's happening atm. He can't leave him even with family members as he gets very upset and paces :(. Oddly enough he's far lower drive then my youngster.

I think hormones really have a huge effect on them :(.

Awww, I have a boxer too! He is 9 and has always been more of a mummy's boy but he's definitely been even more clingy with me and will often sniff my bump ;)

This is how we are at night, you should see her face when it starts kicking hard!

Attachments

• IMG-20150906-WA0000-1.jpg
    IMG-20150906-WA0000-1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 7
My boxer has gotten extremely clingy the last few weeks. She's always been a mommies girl, but it has been taken to a new level these days! She has to be touching me at all times, and is whiney and won't settle unless I am touching her. My golden retriever hasn't changed at all, but we've only had her for a few months so she might not be attached to me enough yet to really know what is going on.

. I am getting to the stage were I wish she could tell me what's happening and when I'm going to go into labour!!

This exactly! I would love if they could just tell us what's going on or at least when I'll pop haha

This is how we are at night, you should see her face when it starts kicking hard!

That's just adorable! I have to push my boxer off sometimes because he literally backs up on top of me and 80 lbs is no good for this belly anymore.

Me too haha! He was a stud when he adopted him and used to be 85lbs (we adopted him when he was 2) now as he's gotten older he's lost a little weight but not much, he's still about 80lbs and still thinks he a lap dog ;)

It's hilarious that the bigger dogs think they are like lap dogs and try to fit themselves on you, like the have size identity issues!!

It's hilarious that the bigger dogs think they are like lap dogs and try to fit themselves on you, like the have size identity issues!!

:Haha: yep! This is very true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->