Anyone else's LO like the fetal position?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by tasha41, Apr 26, 2009.

1. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Elyse absolutely loves being in the fetal position or scrunched up as well as she can period lol, and has since birth. So on Friday night we went to my boyfriend's cousin's 1st birthday party.. and I was walking around with her, and she was scrunched up against me.. and his aunts etc were all dropping comments like:

"That's so creepy it's like she's still in the womb!"
    "SOMEONE'S missing home!"
    "Oh she's going to be such a sucky, clingy girl when she gets bigger."
    "Is she even comfortable like that?"

I never thought there was anything unusual about it until I got those comments... she's only 6 weeks old, this is okay and normal right!?

2. kellysays2u

kellysays2u Guest

well my LO is only a week and 2 days old... but she still loves lying on mummy in the fetal position... I dont think its a problem at all especially with your little one at only 6 weeks... I may be wrong though.

3. pinkmac85

pinkmac85 Mom & pregnant with #2

LeeAnne still does this, although not as bad as it used to be!! Shes finally stretching her legs out more but it wasnt until about 5weeks that she started that!!
    She probably just loves being on mommy's chest and the 'frog' position is natural for them! When I put LeeAnne in her sling the minute I put her in the burp position she frog styles it up!

4. jenny_wren

jenny_wren Queen Spammatha

emily does exactly the same!
    i find its the easiest way to
    stop her tantrums too lol
    and shes a month old ...

:hugs:

xx​

5. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

archie is 2 1/2 months and if hes upsert he still curls into the fetal position on my chest...ive had comments like "hes gonna be a mardy boy" but i dont mind its kind of cute

6. chel27

chel27 mum to 3

amy is 2 monthsold and does this...thats why we call her a chicken lol xx

7. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i think its fine! maddi still likes to curl up like that and she's 10months next week. she napped like that in her cot earlier, and on me sometimes now! she's not clingy at all and will go to everyone :) x x