anyone ever bough or used 2nd hand doppler

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by naria, Oct 3, 2013.

1. naria

naria mum of one

Ok so with dearran there was no need for one he was wriggling and able to feel him kick and move at 13weeks.

This pregnancy i have a very low anterior placenta and have possibly felt baby a few times but not convinced so was thinking maybe a doppler so hb can at least be heard... Just wondering if 2nd hand is safe

2. Storm1jet2

Storm1jet2 Well-Known Member

3. naria

naria mum of one

Yea that's the same one i saw listed in my local paper as used only twice... Buyer can view before payment £10 ono

4. Storm1jet2

Storm1jet2 Well-Known Member

I'd say go for it then as long as there is some gel left as its a tiny tube and you wont be saving much if you have to pay £6 for gel :)

5. naria

naria mum of one

Ah i can get the gel free well one that works with it x we'll see i suppose lol my oh has offered her £5 until the end of the day and if she has a better offer he'll buy me a new one. Never bothered really with dea he was always kicking but the area i lived the mw saw you every 2 weeks and used her little Doppler. Here they don't see you until 24weeks if needed

6. mybabydreams

mybabydreams One pink, one blue

I did and it was absolutely fine! They use one in the doctors that has been used on other people, so I dont see the harm. I just gave mine a wipe when i received it (just becasue I am a clean freak lol)! I even sent mine on to a friend to use who isnt as many weeks as me, so it has now been through 3 owners!!
    Why waste money that you could spend on the baby when he/she arrives? That sounds a bargain, I would go for it!! xx

7. SophieBey

SophieBey Well-Known Member

I got mine 2nd hand! Sanitized it, dont see what the problem would be! I use mine daily finf the hb, smile and then pack it away! I also have anterior placenta so have only fel a few kicks so far and not daily.

8. naria

naria mum of one

Well shes meant to be rining me on next 5 hours to tell me if its mine or not x

9. mybabydreams

mybabydreams One pink, one blue

Good luck! Hope it works out for you x

10. amytrisha

amytrisha Mother of boys.

I use OHs cousins angelsounds, she's loaned it to me for 9 months :haha:

I'd go for it if you can get it for £5 why not! I dont use proper gel with mine, I use durex massage gel :rofl: apparently baby oil works great too.

Enjoy if you do get it x

11. PierceWife

PierceWife Gabriels' mama!

I'm in the US but bought this one second hand for $25 and use aloe vera gel that I had 2 bottles of. Shows heart rate.

https://www.clinicalguard.com/id/sonoline-b-handheld-pocket-fetal-doppler--p-174.html?kw={keyword}&gclid=COno_7fo-rkCFYdQ7AodDFcAsQ

12. salamander91

salamander91 Well-Known Member

I bought an angelsounds 2nd hand off ebay for about £8. It works great :)