anyone ever feel like....

spicyorange

Reaction score
...throwing caution to the wind and bc out the window and seeing what happens. People who accidentally get pregnant manage ok, it's totally illogical but sometimes I think screw waiting let's just do it now.

All the time! I feel like coming off bc and just seeing what would happen. Apart from DH killing me, I KNOW it's not a good idea, so I'll stay on my pills for now :haha:

I got pregnant at 17 just after getting full marks in my A Levels, had no boyfriend, was planning Uni etc and I managed just fine, despite it totally not going to plan..so I'm not scared of anything like that.

My reason for waiting is purely because we have spent over two thousand pounds on a holiday in June and I wouldn't want to go pregnant as I went to the USA pregnant last time and ended up in the hospital etc and it was a scary experience. If for some reason the holiday got cancelled I would 100% just think who cares about losing weight and just try, its taking so much will power to wait knowing my OH is the one instigating the baby making. The back of my mind is scared he might change his mind in 6 months time!

I think about this a lot. We're not married yet, but I think about how it's 2014 [almost:wacko:], people have babies out of wedlock all the time & some are even happier! Why do we NEED to get married first! Damn traditional OH! :dohh:

Every single day!:blush:
I'm a natural planner and overly organised person, the little voice in my heart is always saying just do it, but then my OCD brain jumps in and reminds me of "our planned timeline".
Stupid brain.:dohh::dohh:

I think about (and even mention it to the hubby) allll the time! I am not on birth control and we only use pull out method. And the only thing we are waiting for is for dh to finish school (in may) and get a better job! I dont think he realizes it takes 9 months to Cook a baby and our ducks will be in a row before it even arrives!

Not reaaaaaally. Very rarely. I think all the reasons point to three months' time being a good time to start trying.

Yep. Especially when we're in the middle of BD I'm like 'pleaaaaaaase don't get out a condom'. But then I always see sense in the end (dammit!).

yep but then I think we've got 6 months till we get married and we are waiting for a reason , 2015 jan isn't that far away :D

all the time because I worry about infertility

Yes! Often! But the logical side of me talks me out of it. I know the right time isn't quite now and I want to be able to enjoy pregnancy

We did it, and have no regrets. Last summer I just decided I was done waiting, and wanted a baby NOW. Thankfully hubby agreed with me. :haha: Tossed out the BCP mid-June without a second thought, we ended up eloping beginning of August, and I got pregnant middle of August.

Things would be so much easier if we had waited to have her (especially having my husband home to help), but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Getting to wake up to her smiling face every morning makes every struggle and frazzled day worth it!

The logical me says wait, the spontaneous me says let's not. Dh is very logical and not at all spontaneous

I think about this a lot. We're not married yet, but I think about how it's 2014 [almost:wacko:], people have babies out of wedlock all the time & some are even happier! Why do we NEED to get married first! Damn traditional OH! :dohh:

We weren't, and we were perfectly happy. We were going to get married when the time was right but MIL told us that our baby was going to resent us for not being married! She's a total and complete nutcase! But we're just as happy being married, nothing changed.

Do it! That's what I did! Best choice I've ever made, we wouldn't have our LO if I hadn't, hubby would never have been 'ready'. I've heard him tell his friends how having a baby is the most amazing thing in the world.

Yeah sometimes especially as there isn't really a concrete reason we're waiting. Well getting pregnant right now would put the birth around the same time as we move countries so that is clearly a bad idea but we don't have to wait 6 months to avoid that. I remind myself that I want to go on holiday before having a baby though and probably to a place where I can't be pregnant (malaria etc). My birth control runs out monday and I haven't got any more yet, part of me wants to just not bother but I will. But us waiting is less us being sensible and more me wanting travel time alone before I have to factor a baby into the equation so I often find myself thinking "do I really need that holiday", the answer is YES! Once I have a kids there's no going back so I might as well make the most of this pre-baby stage of life.

Yes, all the time!!! OH is more sensible than I am and says no :(

It's a good thing we've got a holiday booked in January as the reason for not trying until then (we will be TTC during the trip) otherwise I'd be bugging DH about not waiting any longer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->