Anyone ever get a postive beta after negtive urine

AngellaHas2

Reaction score
I went to the doctores today for really bad pain im having iin my left side. I am cd 27 i think. I am 10-11 dpo they did a urine BFN but doctor wanted t0 run a beta in case of etopic pregnancy. Anyone ever got a postive beta after urine said negative

I haven't but I do know that it happens. You might just be too early to show on a urine.
He's probably running a quant hcg which can report actual levels versus just a positive or negative. And the quant can read levels from 0 and up.
If he's worried about ectopic, chances are it would still show on a urine.
Ive worked in an ER a long time and I have never seen a urine come back negative and the blood be positive. Whether it was ectopic or not. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

FX there's nothing wrong and that if you are indeed preggers, that it's nestled in in the right place. :hugs:

I did with my son 13 years ago. And I was 6 weeks along by then! Hopefully you are pregnant and everything is ok.

my mum had a negative beta and urine til she was 5 months pregnant with me so yeh strange things can happen but i was born at 5 and a half months so ov summit wrong there good luck hun xx

when i had mc bleeding went to hospital bfn on hospital hpt but pos beta of 18 x

I had negative at docs but positive on hpts, going back on fri with sample of fmu and hopefully all will be well.

The tests doctors use aren't very sensitive hunny xxx

I've had a negative urine test at the hospital but positive beta, my level was 33. I did have faint positives at home though.

yea someone said they are about 50 miu where as tesco test (which I used) are 25miu and was having almost evap looking lines on them the same day I sent urine off to docs.
Stupid thing is I told the woman this isn't fmu and I've been drinking water all morning does it make a difference?
She said no, but after everything I've read since it damn well does make a difference!

Hoping I'll have a stonker of a line with the pee I give them tomorrow!

yea someone said they are about 50 miu where as tesco test (which I used) are 25miu and was having almost evap looking lines on them the same day I sent urine off to docs.
Stupid thing is I told the woman this isn't fmu and I've been drinking water all morning does it make a difference?
She said no, but after everything I've read since it damn well does make a difference!

Hoping I'll have a stonker of a line with the pee I give them tomorrow!

Some of the older tests docs used were100!
I certainly know it makes a difference in early pregnancies, I used to be a nurs assistant. Good luck tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->