anyone ever get ovulation spotting?

Patsy7

Reaction score
Hello everyone! First of all wishing everyone a very happy new year full of baby dust!!!

I need your help!

I haven't been temping or using opks this cycle- thought i'd give myself a break (and enjoy lying in!) over the Christmas holiday.

I have long cycles usually 34-36 days and usually ovulate around cd25. Today is cd26. OH and I have bd for the last 3 days in a row including this morning and this afternoon i noticed ewcm tinged with red blood and very very light pink spotting. Does this sound like o spotting? I have never experienced it before. And does this mean that I ovulated today? or i haven't yet?

Why didn't I temp this cycle arrrrgh?!! :growlmad:

Thanks to anyone that can help! xx

Hi I've been having mid cycle spotting since my periods returned following the birth of my first. I assume it's linked to ovulation but for me it has occurred one or two days before a positive opk so indicating ovulation is imminent - I'm not sure if this is the norm though. Good luck for this cycle

If you normally temp then you would know what's your normal luteal phase temperature and your temp before ovulation. So you can take your temp to see if it's high or low and you would know if you have ovulated. Is it possible for you to ovulate before CD25? I sometimes spot 2-3 days before O but it's very light pink only once but no red. If you ovulated earlier I would have said possible implantation bleed but it's not likely 1dpo unless you ovulated earlier than CD25

Hi Taima, thanks I will try that. I have had more light spotting today although I think it has stopped now. The red was just once yesterday mixed with ewcm and today it has been pink with ewcm. I definitely didn't O early, once I've o'd I know as my breasts get very sore the day after.

Assuming it is o spotting, when is most likely I will ovulate? tomorrow?

thanks x

I've had spotting from the first cycle ttc (3 months ago). I get spotting CD15 and CD19 and ovulation CD21. I searched it and found that there are two possible explanation: 1) increase in estrogen before the LH surge and 2) is the rupturing of the follicle.

Personally I can't even explain why it happens and forgot to ask my OB about it. If it concerns you then see your doctor about it. But since your saying that you should ovulate anytime now, I'd say that's follicle rupturing but that's just a guess.

Out bodies are so complicated I wish we new for sure everything that happens and why it happens.

Taima your timings kinda match mine with ovulation a few days after the spotting so good to know I'm not the only one I mentioned it to my doc and she didn't really say anything about it.

Tinky, it's nice to see I'm not the only one. I guess it's a normal thing. How long are your cycles? When is your usual Ovulation day?

My cycles are 34-36 days so far, I've always had pretty irregular cycles and I ov around cd 22-24. No sign of o approaching this month though (currently cd 18).

thanks ladies! feeling more relaxed about it now knowing others get it too. I must be oing late this cycle as I still haven't yet.

did an opk yesterday and it was 'almost' positive and another one today that was negative so I think I must have missed my surge and oing today or tomorrow.

I know Taima it drives me nuts trying to figure it all out!! was supposed to be taking a 'relaxed approach' to ttc but that didn't last long!! haha

Many women do get this kind of ovulation spotting and considered as natural fertility sign. Ovulation bleeding will also be much lighter than menstrual bleeding, usually brownish or pinkish. Some people believe that the light spotting is a result of the egg rupturing through the follicle during ovulation. It is thought that as the egg bursts from the follicle that a little bleeding may occur.
Spotting is also considered as a result of a woman’s changing hormones during ovulation. Oestrogen rises sharply right before a woman ovulates and it is thought that the increase in oestrogen levels may cause light spotting to occur.

However, no temp rise, is little confusing and can also indicate, that your body was gearing up to ovulate or trying to ovulate but something interfered. Spotting and pain can happen before, during or after O for a variety of reasons. It is really rare to not have a response to progesterone which is released as soon as the follicles starts converting so levels rise immediately and within 24 you see a response. Continue taking temp on subsequent days. When you notice ovulation spotting along with temp rise, it’s good timing to start dtd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->