Anyone ever had a four week wait? :(

dimmu

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a very messed up cycle. Cd 37 today, no AF, BFN.

I thought I ovulated around cd 18, wasn't using OPKs or anything as we were away visiting family, but was getting enough signs (ewcm mainly) to indicate ovulation, albeit not as strong as usual. Usually after O I get watery cm and then just creamy until AF, but this time ewcm has stayed around on and off with some watery cm days in between. Earlier this week was getting lots of AF symptoms, and heaps of watery cm so assumed AF was on it's way.

Five days later still no sign of the witch and ewcm was back again. I had ordered some cheap pregnancy and OPK tests online, and did one each yesterday just to see how they work. Got a BFN of course, but to my great surprise got a very dark positive on the OPK, darker than the control line. Repeated the test a few hours later and it was the same, and again at bed time.

Is it possible that I'm only now gearing up to ovulate on cd 37-38, has anyone had this before? My cycle is usually 29-31 days. We did BD this morning just in case.
So confusing, not sure whether to be prepared for AF or if I'm about to start another two week wait. :(

Yes that happened to me once when I was ttc my 2nd daughter! Didn't o until cd33 which is late for me and I fell pregnant with her that month after ttc for 10 months! It sounds as though you body keeps trying to o but not actually doing it so trying again. I've recently had a mc and now I'm waiting to o. I've had ewcm for 6 days now but nothing :( I'm not temping or using opks but I know when I have o'd because I get tender breasts so looks like I'm in for a long cycle too! Sucks don't it x

I have ovulated as late as cd 28-cd48 but I had a cyst on my ovaries. It was quite large, then it was pregnant, and then my body had to re-adjust.

When I took my iud out a few days before O, it delayed my ovulation by two weeks.

So for me, it takes great physical trauma to delay O but there can be other triggers for women.

I would ask for a quantitative blood test at 5 days late though

Thank you both for your responses.
I really hope I am finally ovulating now or soon, nipples have been more sensitive today but no other symptoms to mention. The OPKs are fainter than yesterday, so guess it means I just happened to test mid-surge yesterday. I really hope that we BD'ed on time. I would have preferred to DTD last night but OH wasn't feeling that well but at least managed to do it once, better than nothing.

I think I will now see if AF arrives in a couple of weeks. My doctor was quite dismissive when I mentioned we are ttc so not too keen to go back anytime soon.

I don't think I've ever had a cycle this long, cd 37 today so could be looking at 50 days! Saying that, DD is a result of a "safe day" gone wrong (she was unplanned, I thought my AF was about to start and didn't use protection) so obviously I've been late to O before, just not this late!!
Here's hoping that the outcome will be the same as with my last late ovulation!:)

Most doctors tend to air on dismissive. I had to email my doctor three times today to get her to order a beta test since my frer this morning is significantly lighter than the one I took on a two hour hold yesterday. But I have had other gyns who give me betas like candy. Hoping everything turns out the way you want!!! :)

Oof I know how you feel!
A few months back I had a 45 day cycle. I wasn't temping or using OPK's and doctors looked at me like I was crazy. Since this wild cycle I've been at about 24-26 day avg. Today I am at cd32, and I really hope it's not another one of those spells. I did however use OPK's andPreseed this month. First off, the lined OPK's are so confusing:wacko: so next cycle I will invest in clearblue digi's, the lined ones barely helped me! I took a test at day 28 and I got a slight questionable line, but since then nothing. Let's hope our eggs pull through
I have had some symptoms I haven't had before such as petechiae on my forehead, breast swelling, migraines, etc.
:hugs:Good luck to all of us

I did finally ovulated cd 37. I had some symptoms such as sore nipples, cramps and nausea which I don't usually get with O but the ewcm has finally gone away after being there on and off for four (!!) weeks, last had it on Monday which was cd 38. Such a weird cycle, I hope this won't become a habit!!! I think I will try soya or something if I get a BFN this cycle, would be nice to regulate things a bit.

NNaime I hope you get your positive OPK soon! Or is there a chance you could be preggers already?

I did finally ovulated cd 37. I had some symptoms such as sore nipples, cramps and nausea which I don't usually get with O but the ewcm has finally gone away after being there on and off for four (!!) weeks, last had it on Monday which was cd 38. Such a weird cycle, I hope this won't become a habit!!! I think I will try soya or something if I get a BFN this cycle, would be nice to regulate things a bit.

NNaime I hope you get your positive OPK soon! Or is there a chance you could be preggers already?

Thank you!! I'm experiencing some rosy/brownish discharge that could be implantation so I'm hoping that's it! Ill test soon though and I'll update. CD33 NOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->