Anyone ever had cramps for NINE days?

amari

Reaction score
I was due for my period yesterday but it's a no-show (I have 28 day cycles on average)...just some brown discharge when I wipe. I don't really know when I ovulated (but I'm sure I did, because I've been MISERABLE this month)...I decided to try to relax and not to track everything obsessively or temp because it was stressing me out too much (the drawback of this being that it's like trying to see in the dark when you start having weird post-ov things happening). Anyway, I woke up a few days ago with cramps and was like, "huh. It seems like I've been having a lot of cramps lately". So I checked my Ovuview app (because I do still chart some things, like mucus if I notice any, or cramps). Sure enough, by then I'd already tracked cramps for five days.

Looking back on my tracked cycles, I've only ever had ONE (that I tracked) where I had cramps before my period for more than a couple of days (that time, I tracked 5 days of cramps, and some of those days included outright spotting and lead into a period). I usually get what I call "warning" cramps 2-3 days before my period.

So...this is really weird, for me. I'm going to be 37 in a month, and I know cycles change as you age. I did a FRER a week ago tomorrow (negative) because I had it lying around and felt like POAS. I can't bring myself to test again, though, because now my body acting weird has gotten my hopes up (again) and I hate to be crushed by a negative (again). I'm still TTC my first kid and it's been 2 years now, so...yeah.

I guess I'm just wondering if any of you have ever had a cramping spree that lasted longer than a week, and what the outcome was? Even if you ended up with a period, I'd still like to hear about it.

I thought I'd seen everything weird my body could pull to trick me, but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for reading!

I maybe should also mention that the cramps aren't really consistent and they're not as bad as my typical period cramps. I did have one day where I had to take a couple of motrin to kick them back a bit, but otherwise I haven't needed any pain relievers to deal with them. They're mostly just annoying and uncomfortable. Yesterday (the day AF was due), they went away completely. I just had what kind of felt like gas...a kind of gurgly sensation and pressure but not really any actual gas to speak of. Today, they're back, but not consistent. I'll have a few seconds of more intense cramping and then they'll subside and I'll just feel a dull sort of pressure in my abdomen for a bit. When there's no pain, it still feels like things are moving around and I feel little twinges. Like when you have gas and the gas is moving around in your intestines- except this doesn't seem like gas. It's been going on like that since this morning.

I don't understand how there can be no bleeding with this much activity going on in there.

Guess I should test but I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow...I have a job interview in the morning and I don't want to be bummed out for it.

I had this last month during the entire 2 ww. Sometimes your cycles will change. Sorry I was no help.

Yes and now its starting again but i know better this time lol

Well, that sucks. I'm sorry.

My period still hasn't come (now 2 days late), but the cramps seem to have stopped and my boobs aren't sore anymore. I feel fine, in fact. Don't feel like I might be pregnant...but I don't feel like I'm getting my period, either. It's really odd. I don't know if I should bother testing.

I hate our bodies sometimes! The tricks it plays are nasty things!
is it possible that you O'd later, so your LP will end later than usual? I guess it could be if you weren't tracking. I gave up tracking this month too - was too stressful and really enabled my obsessive side!
Maybe give it another day or two and if AF hasn't arrived by then, test!
good luck! I hope all of this cramping was the little one nestling in for the long haul. :)

Hi! I've also had a cycle before where cramping was non stop from the day AF was gone to the next time she showed (we bd'd almost every night that cycle bc I didn't want to chance missing ANYTHING lol)
Then there's months were I get the typical warning cramps just a few days prior.
Fx'd for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"