Anyone experienced false labour

bundles

Reaction score
Hello, Im 39w + 2d and believe I experienced false labour yesterday.
I felt off all day, felt slighty sick, light headed and had an upset stomach. Then at 3.45pm I started to have contractions that kept coming every 30 mins, then 20 mins, then 15 mins then they started getting closer to 10 mins and by this point they were quite painful, but as it was about 10.30pm, I went to bed and managed to get some sleep. I woke about 4am with really bad back a few more contractions and managed to fall asleep again until 8am, but when i woke this time I had nothing more than a sore tummy and slight backahce, however I do feel exhausted from all of this, even though I did sleep well :(
I wondered if this could be the start of slow labour or false labour and if anyone has experienced this and what I should do about it? Should I get checked out or wait for it to happen again?
Thanks, i appreciate any advice x

Sorry I'm not too sure but it sounds like the start of something which is exciting. Perhaps call your m/w and explain the symptoms, she'll be able to reassure you.
Good luck!

Sorry I'm not too sure but it sounds like the start of something which is exciting. Perhaps call your m/w and explain the symptoms, she'll be able to reassure you.
Good luck!

Thanks, not able to get through to my midwife, but im seeing her tuesday. Not had anymore contractions since, a few friends have said they suffered this for a week before going into labour, guess I'm going to be one of those unlucky ones lol

Yesterday I had irregular tightenings for about 3 hours. They continued when I moved around so I was sure they were more than bh. I phoned the midwife and she said it sounded like the start of something, but after a while they just tailed off to nothing.

Then at 5pm tonight I had them back, this time with pain in my back and lower bump, and the bump was going rock hard. We timed them again, and they were pretty regular at 10 minutes apart for about 2 and a half hours, and then again, they just tailed off to nothing. Again, they remained when I moved around or changed position, but they must just have been stronger bh.

It's so frustrating, I really hope that for both of us this doesn't go on for too long!

Sorry I can't give you any answers for it, but you're not alone! Xx

yes I had that ,it all stopped a few days ago
good news is,means the baby is even more prepared.I always think its a huge transition for our babies and our body,so its only natural that it will happen gradually.
I am 39 weeks too.
I bet you will have your baby first :)I expect to be waiting another 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->