Anyone experienced this? Should I be worried??

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by pinkpassion, Jun 11, 2013.

1. pinkpassion

pinkpassion 3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete

I had a D&C last thursday so almost two weeks ago, all went well and I healed fine!! Today though I started having horrible back pain and it's shooting down my legs and I'm having a weird crampy feeling, almost like menstrual cramps but a little different and they hurt!!! I am not sure if I should be concerned or if my body is just trying to get back to normal?? I have no idea??? Please help if you have experienced this or have any insight.. if continues tomorrow I will call the Dr but right now they are closed and I don't think it warrants a visit to the ER!

2. ItsAWonder

ItsAWonder Well-Known Member

I have not had this. Back pain can be normal in the beginning as your uterus contracts to it's normal size but yours sounds severe. Do you have a fever? Either way, better be safe than sorry. If this continues it may not hurt to go get seen by a doctor.

3. baileybubs

baileybubs Well-Known Member

Its possible you may have an infection and could need antibiotics. I had one after my mc as there was still some tissue left over in my uterus and it caused cramping pain. I would maybe call a health professional to get advice, over in the UK we have NHS direct where we can call anytime for medical advice, do you have anything like that?

4. pinkpassion

pinkpassion 3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete

Well after I wrote this the pain got worse and worse and finally around 10:30 I rushed to the bathroom because of the pain and I felt like my body was pushing and I had a huge gush of blood and tissue and for about 7-10 mins of blood pouring out of me! I was able to call the surgcal center (they are there 24 hrs with nurse and doctors for questions) and they told me to get to the er and they said I had passed remaining tissue and would continue to bleed and cramp but it should get gradually better until it stops! So that was awful, they said I was basically in labor which is why it got worse and worse until I passed that!