Anyone feel more ill than pregnant?

wildflower79

Reaction score
I'm around 8 weeks now and it's really taking it out of me this time! I feel like I've got some strange exotic illness. I spent 15 hrs in bed last night/this morning and I still feel exhausted. I can barely find any food that I want to eat. And I keep feeling really cold and shivery all the time. I'm also feeling really guilty and upset because I don't have the energy to entertain my 3 year old dd like normal or feel up to cooking any decent meals for her.

I felt pretty bad when I was pregnant with dd, but still managed to go to work. So glad I don't have to do that this time! Hoping I'll start to feel better at the end of first tri and all these awful symptoms are a good sign of a strong pregnancy. Anyone else struggling to function normally?

Haha, yeah. My kids are all so young (my oldest of 3 is 3!), so I've been through this a few times. :wink: I feel that independent play is great for a child, and fresh air is great for a parent. So, don't worry when you are struggling to get off the couch and play with your child most of the day. If you're feeling okay for a few minutes, get down there and play, but otherwise, allow your daughter to assert her independence and do her own thing.

I made bean bags - throw some beans in a sandwich bag and then put an old sock over it, twisting it at the end and covering the bag with the sock as many times as it will go. We get out a big pot and toss the bean bags into the pot. My kids will bring me bags to throw so they feel like I'm part of the action, but I can kinda rest and not get off my bum. We do other things of this nature - I read to them, we listen to music and sing along, etc.

And remember what I said about parents needing fresh air (and sunshine)? Well, even if you're feeling awful, someone's, taking our little ones to the park or for a walk or just playing in the back yard can make us all feel a little better. Sunshine is great for morning sickness, believe me!

Regardless, this should pass soon. Only some 1-2% of folks still have morning sickness in second Tri, so it's unlikely that you'd be one of them. :smile: I hope you feel better soon. It has gone away between 9 and 11 weeks for me, as soon as that placenta starts to take over.

Me too! I am so so so tired and nauseous. I have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old and having same problem. I wish I could be hospitalized or something so I could just sleep continuously. The idea of pre paring meals for them is actually painful! And I think I am only 7 weeks 😓

I am nearly 9 weeks and feeling rough since 6.5 weeks! I have 2 and 3 yr old and the only thing that helps me is to go to sleep at night when they do, and go out in the fresh air for walks as much as possible. It really works! Try to think of simple meals for the kids - rice with peas and soy sauce, and houmous, carrots, cold quiche etc - or other things that don't need to be cooked. At least it is Summer, I hated ms in the Winter much more. I hate the shivery thing too- that has gone now. I feel you pain though :(

Ugh I felt like I had the stomach bug for months straight! It really is hard, I had the shivering and the complete exhaustion ugh and the horrible food aversions, and now at 12 weeks all I'm left with is the exhaustion (it's seemed to come back over the last few days, yuk!) but everything else eased up at about 10 weeks, still with up and down days.

Oh gosh YES! I feel awful at the mo!
This last week I have been like some sort of diseased person just crawling around moaning about feeling sick and then climbing into bed and konking out for 12 hours at a time!! When I wake up in the morning I still feel like I've barely slept and I'm thinking about when I can get back to bed! I seriously thought about going to doctors and telling them that I'm feeling like absolute crap but I looked back at some old posts on here and surprise surprise I felt exactly the same the last two times!!!

I think it's worse now as I've got two others to look after. I've been trying to get out and do quick bursts of activity with my 2 year old. We go to the park for an hour, soft play, see a friend etc then I feel like I can warrant having a sit on the sofa as we've been out and done something.

Both my previous boys it all stopped about 12 weeks so fingers crossed it's the same this time and for you :) xxx

Im exactlt the same and my daughter is 3 aswell all i want to do is sleep all day and night i normally love cooking cleaning and atm everythink is effort even to eat cos i cant stomach food x

I feel awful!!! Sick tired just awful!:( I have three children, the older 2 are 7&8 so not too bad but struggling to run around after my nearly 2 year old! X

Im so glad I have read this post! I am 7 weeks and I am beyond exhausted!!!! I seriously can barely get myself off the couch and the thought of cooking food makes me want to cry!
I have a 3.5yr old and an 18month old luckily mr 3 is sick so he has just laid on the couch or in bed for the past 2 days but mr 18m is a crazy active little thing and I am struggling!!!! I cant handle feeling like this anymore just absolutely no energy the sick part im use to because I had hg with my last 2 pregnancies but the energy part is a killer! I hope it doesnt last much longer my house looks like a bomb has gone off :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->