Anyone feel / see their baby breathing?

yellow610

Reaction score
absolutely amazes me... I'm feeling so much.. very weird! I think this is what I'm seeing / feeling. I feel no other movements at the moment but my stomach is rising and falling in one area. must be breathing right? :cloud9:

Yeah! I posted about this last week. I see my baby doing this all the time :) x x

Um, I don't know if babies actually breathe inside us as their lungs are filled with fluid!! They're capable of it from a certain point but there is no air in there as it's a sealed bubble!!!! They get their oxygen through the cord from us!!!

Um, I don't know if babies actually breathe inside us as their lungs are filled with fluid!! They're capable of it from a certain point but there is no air in there as it's a sealed bubble!!!! They get their oxygen through the cord from us!!!

They practice breathing though by "inhaling" and "exhaling" amniotic fluid. I've seen it a few times in my belly - super cute.

They practice breathing though by "inhaling" and "exhaling" amniotic fluid. I've seen it a few times in my belly - super cute.

Yeah - I just looked it up as I was thinking about it lol :haha: It's only right at the end they practice it as apparently it isn't that long before birth that this happens but sounds pretty cool!!

It almost messes up my own breathing... or feels very strange but ahhhh I love it. so cool and so cute...

i looked it up too and read it was practice breathing.. breathing in amniotic fluid. Little fish in there lol

I feel like I feel this as well. Its faster than hiccups shes had but slower than heartbeat. Does that sound right? Am I feeling the same thing?

That must be what I've been seeing on and off lately, too - baby "practicing" his breathing!

We saw our baby on Monday practising breathing at our scan. It even said in the report active baby, baby was breathing.

I feel like I feel this as well. Its faster than hiccups shes had but slower than heartbeat. Does that sound right? Am I feeling the same thing?

Yes I think thats it... its like you see your belly moving but you don't feel movements.. if that makes sense. like somethings enlarged and then deflating inside you and it seems to be at least twice as fast as my own breathing

I see and feel this all the time, too! At first I thought it was baby sucking her thumb but realized that it's probably just her practicing her breathing. So cute, though! :)

Yes, mine is doing this too, just noticed it 2 nights ago. It's amazing!

Oh my god! So thats what that is. FOB pointed it out a couple of weeks ago & I told him that babies don't breathe like us before they're born. Proved me wrong :haha:

N'aww sooo cute!

I've seen it a couple of nights ago and showed to hubby. It is absolutely amazing. I first saw it a couple of weeks ago on a scan when I went for a routine checkup and this week I asked doctor about it and she said that we will be able to see it when baby lies in the right position. It is so amazing how wonderfully we are made..........

Yes I think thats it... its like you see your belly moving but you don't feel movements.. if that makes sense. like somethings enlarged and then deflating inside you and it seems to be at least twice as fast as my own breathing

But I do feel it, internally and with my hand:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->