Anyone feel / see their baby breathing?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by yellow610, Nov 18, 2011.

1. yellow610

yellow610 Well-Known Member

absolutely amazes me... I'm feeling so much.. very weird! I think this is what I'm seeing / feeling. I feel no other movements at the moment but my stomach is rising and falling in one area. must be breathing right? :cloud9:

2. diamondgem27

diamondgem27 Well-Known Member

Yeah! I posted about this last week. I see my baby doing this all the time :) x x

3. fairykate

fairykate Mad as a box of frogs

Um, I don't know if babies actually breathe inside us as their lungs are filled with fluid!! They're capable of it from a certain point but there is no air in there as it's a sealed bubble!!!! They get their oxygen through the cord from us!!!

4. booboomagoo

booboomagoo Well-Known Member

They practice breathing though by "inhaling" and "exhaling" amniotic fluid. I've seen it a few times in my belly - super cute.

5. fairykate

fairykate Mad as a box of frogs

Yeah - I just looked it up as I was thinking about it lol :haha: It's only right at the end they practice it as apparently it isn't that long before birth that this happens but sounds pretty cool!!

6. yellow610

It almost messes up my own breathing... or feels very strange but ahhhh I love it. so cool and so cute...

i looked it up too and read it was practice breathing.. breathing in amniotic fluid. Little fish in there lol

7. Autumntx

Autumntx Well-Known Member

I feel like I feel this as well. Its faster than hiccups shes had but slower than heartbeat. Does that sound right? Am I feeling the same thing?

8. krismarie621

krismarie621 Mother of 1

That must be what I've been seeing on and off lately, too - baby "practicing" his breathing!

9. Mamof1

Mamof1 Well-Known Member

We saw our baby on Monday practising breathing at our scan. It even said in the report active baby, baby was breathing.

10. yellow610

Yes I think thats it... its like you see your belly moving but you don't feel movements.. if that makes sense. like somethings enlarged and then deflating inside you and it seems to be at least twice as fast as my own breathing

11. LuckyInLove09

LuckyInLove09 Expecting our little girl

I see and feel this all the time, too! At first I thought it was baby sucking her thumb but realized that it's probably just her practicing her breathing. So cute, though! :)

12. whirlwind

whirlwind Well-Known Member

Yes, mine is doing this too, just noticed it 2 nights ago. It's amazing!

13. BrokenfoREVer

BrokenfoREVer Goth Mummy (:

Oh my god! So thats what that is. FOB pointed it out a couple of weeks ago & I told him that babies don't breathe like us before they're born. Proved me wrong :haha:

N'aww sooo cute!

14. shanti01

shanti01 Guest

I've seen it a couple of nights ago and showed to hubby. It is absolutely amazing. I first saw it a couple of weeks ago on a scan when I went for a routine checkup and this week I asked doctor about it and she said that we will be able to see it when baby lies in the right position. It is so amazing how wonderfully we are made..........

15. Autumntx

Autumntx Well-Known Member

But I do feel it, internally and with my hand:/