Anyone from Melbourne?!

moochacha

LTTTC - Mum to Cody (11)
Reaction score
I know there's a few ladies from Melbourne but I thought I would start a fresh thread.

I'll start with me.

Rebecca 29 soon to be 30 :brat: just moved from Melbourne CBD to the Northern Suburbs.

Oh it's spring in Melbourne!!!! Still freezing though and the second day into spring I got a flu... Go figure, if not having 4 flues in winter wasn't enough?

Ooh I just saw this thread.

I'm Katie, 28 and I'm in Melbourne. We're about to move into our brand new 1st home in the Northern suburbs.

hi ladies- My name is Kate and I'm from the S.E burbs. 35 years old and just had my first baby in June.

Just popping in to say hi to all the Melbourne ladies.

We're in the middle of moving into our new home, hubby's been making sure I don't over do it. My main job will be the unpacking of all the boxes over the next weekend. Am taking a super long one with the Melbourne Cup holiday next Tuesday. :)

Kage76 - how cute is your bubba?? I just love that avatar pic!

Just popping in to say hi to all the Melbourne ladies.

We're in the middle of moving into our new home, hubby's been making sure I don't over do it. My main job will be the unpacking of all the boxes over the next weekend. Am taking a super long one with the Melbourne Cup holiday next Tuesday. :)

Kage76 - how cute is your bubba?? I just love that avatar pic!

thanks poppie- she's my little goofball- some of the expressions she pulls just kill me. good luck with the move- moving is awful at the best of times- hopefully the weather will be nice- but its melbourne - you could have the ac on and 5 minutes later the heater-wish it would make up its mind

Oh I totally agree. Sunday was warm as, then last night I had to find an extra doona for the bed and wanted to put the heater on!!

Anyone doing anything for the Cup?? I'm just going to be home - unpacking. Actually taking off work from Thursday - Cup Day so 6 days off to organise my home and perhaps relax a little! :)

no plans as such- we might be heading down to the peninsula to a friends BBQ. but otherwise no big plans. I will probably in my usual fashion put 20 bucks on a horse that runs dead last.

How is the packing going? hopefully you dont have too much MS or that god awful fatigue that plagued me for the first half of my pregnancy.

I've been really lucky with MS, I had like 2 days where I felt queasy and that's it (touch wood) though I fully expect to get something long the line. The only thing now is being so tired, especially with the move, and some smells I just can't be around and a few food aversions.

This probably sounds really premature, but I am totally sure I can feel little tickles like a feather down there. I've noticed every pain, niggle, twinge through the whole pregnancy so far and I know it's not wind pain (cuz I've had that). Other mum's I've spoken to said that what I am feeling is exactly like what the first movements feel like. :)

LOL it probably is. I was a bit dense. Took me until my 12 week scan where she was using my gigantically full bladder as a trampoline for me to put two and two together. I had felt her before but i thought it was just gas. How romantic. I thought my daughter was a fart.

:haha: A fart!! LOL! Well I've had plenty of those too, but I can tell the difference between that and this other feeling. It's wonderful to feel, but now I panic if I'm not feeling it. Ahh the joys of becoming a mummy. :)

LOL and so the obsession begins- i dont know about you but for me it got worse and worse until the day she got here, In fact if she wasn't doing a full rendition of lord of the dance every 15 minutes i would panic and think something was wrong.

and now if she's sleeping if she doesn't twitch or sigh when i look in on her i panic and check if she is breathing.

Maybe ill be better when she is a bit older? Like when she is 40?

Oh yeah, I can imagine being like that. My mummy is like that, always worrying about us kids. My husband already knows that I'll take after her. We chat at least once per day on the phone (she lives in NSW) and he speaks to his family probably once a month!

Still unpacking here at our new home. I've been feeling pretty lazy though as I still get tired quickly and feel like I need to rest. Hubby has been great, letting me rest when I need.

I hope you are having a great weekend.

Hey Melbourne ladies, just popping in to see how you did with all the bloody rain over the weekend?!! Crazy or what? We didn't have any issues, only thing is we don't have a driveway with our new home yet, so it was muddy and yuk!

Hope you're all going ok.

xo

Welcome pink kitten- keeping out of the heat i hope? what part of mel you from?

Yay I just noticed all these posts! Yay some Melbourne ladies. :) We were living in Yarraville but moved to Epping while we build in Mount Helen. Crazy I know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->