anyone from NY?? Child Health Plus??

bellaxgee

Alexa's mommy & TTC #2
Reaction score
I am from New York and although I have my own health insurance through my employer, it would be about $800 a month to add the baby to my plan which is ridiculous! I have been looking into the medicaid program for her, which would only be about $50 a month but I am not sure if I should apply before she is born or during the 30 day grace period after she is born.

I have been on hold with the medicaid office all morning but kind of getting annoyed of the pre-recorded message...blahhhh

does anyone have any information??

Please update if you find out anything! I'm on my parents ins until 26 and apparently cant add the baby to it and hubby has no ins through his job and you can't get a single plan for a baby and we can't afford the over 1000 a month for ins for him and the baby so I'm hoping we can get child health plus but I don't know when I apply or anything either.

when i called the lady just said to fill out the application for myself because i need to be approved and the baby will automatically be put on it...but i may go to an office because it is a little confusing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"