Anyone gaining weight TTC despite good diet and exercise?

melewen

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed gaining weight whilst TTC. I am literally a full time health food blogger and I do yoga twice a week, run twice a week (about 30 minutes each time so not TOO much). Ever since we started trying again, it has been almost impossible for me to lose weight! I put on about ten pounds quickly when we were trying for our first. Maybe my body is really sensitive to stress?

I even just did a whole30 and gained Weight!! I lost 7 pounds in one month the first time I did it. Ugh. I eat almost entirely paleo, no sodas, tons of veggies, little to no sugar, and not a lot of paleo treats either. So I feel really solid about my diet... and the activity too. I even started taking a cortisol manager! Nada.

Anyway, any experience?

I wish I could help! This sounds so strange. Have you had your thyroid tested? Perhaps it's a hormone issue. I hate to go by the scale sometimes because it doesn't show the whole story...how do your clothes fit? Sometimes the scale is a dirty liar when it reality you're leaning out a little bit! I imagine it's just stress/anxiety/your body adjusting, but so frustrating!!

I do think it might be a thyroid issue. I've been learning SO much about it lately. I started synthroid years back and got pregnant with my son that month so I take it sort of out of superstition even though my labs are technically ok. The more I learn about it the more I think that looking at my numbers, my problem might be conversion so synthroid won't help! In fact it might be why I'm gaining weight. I stopped taking it a few days ago and started a glandular and herb support instead and I already feel thinner. Ugh. Trying to get into a good endocrinologist soon!

Good luck, sounds like you're well on your way to finding out answers! I had some minor thyroid issues years back, almost not enough to be put on meds, but my doctor put me on synthroid. I took myself off when I started feeling symptoms of HYPER thyroid...And I felt a lot better. What kind of herbal supports are you taking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->