Anyone get a BFP after they were already late

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by lynn23, Oct 12, 2008.

1. lynn23

lynn23 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I am late for my period and still have sore boobs but bnf's and no af.

I was wondering if anyone got a BFP after they were already late, after having a negative when late.

Is it unlikely to get a bfp if you got a bfn when your a day late

2. Angel2Fire

Angel2Fire Well-Known Member

I did a test when I was about 4 days late and it was negative, but I felt really weird emotionally and was very very bloated. I did another test a few days later, still negative.

Then the test a few days after that came out positive (but a very faint line.)

It might be worth trying again in a weeks time with an early response test?

Good luck hun :)

3. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

5 days late before I got a BFP :D

4. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

i was about erm 5-6 days late tested and got my BFP straight away testing at 10pm lol

5. MarshMellow

MarshMellow Laura, Mark, Ben and Bump

ME!!!! My cycle was all over the shop. I was Due AF on 20th aug. Fought the urge till the 25th. BFN. then 1st sept something told my to try FMU so I set it all up then had to show my BFP to my neighbour to check the line was there. then got 2 really strong ones with not FMU at docs the next day.

6. lynn23

lynn23 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your responses! That gives me a bit of hope. Tho I am trying not to be too hopeful because it sucks being disappointed. The last time I bd'd was like.. 23ish + days ago.. do you think there is still a chance?

I had some cramping on Friday, and a teeny bit today but no af and tomorrow will be 2 days late. I've had no spotting whatsoever and my boobs are sore, but oddly around my nipples mostly (sorry if tmi :p). Usually my whole boobs hurt then stop around the time my period comes or day before I think. I haven't really been bloated this month before af time either, which I usually am (I think).

It's funny how can second guess feelings and symptoms, wondering is this really different from PMS? lol... I guess I will find out soon.

7. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

It happened to me. It probably means that u ovulated late that month so thats why its taking so long to show a :bfp: or get ur :witch:. It ends up when i got my :bfp: and a scan that they put me back 1-2 weeks (have to wait a few weeks to big scan to confirm the date)

8. soup

soup Well-Known Member

if my ovulation date was correct (had all the signs and a pretty positive looking opk (+ we :sex: loads around then and not so much after) then i was still getting :bfn:'s when i was 2 weeks late, then i stopped testing and went on holiday. when we got back i did a test (mainly cos i was bored!) and it was a :bfp: still don't know how far along i am but will find out friday at scan.

so who knows anythings possible. what tests are you using? i got my first bfp with an ic (10mg) and it was pretty faint then went out and got a digi which is supposed to less sensitive and a supermarket one that i think said it was 50 or 100 mg and got strong positives straight away (didn't even wait to wee!)

sorry for rambling - good luck:hugs:

9. sam*~*louize

sam*~*louize Well-Known Member

I was 3 weeks late before I got mine. NOrmally pretty regualr. Then at my 12 week scan they put me back 3 weeks :O SO serious late something that month for me. Good luck

10. zooney

zooney MUM OF 1 TTC no.2

hi, i'm in the same boat af is 7 days late and still :bfn: i'm hoping i'll get a :bfp:, i'm always regular!!! good luck to us both :hug:

11. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

I was due on the wednesday, I had a :bfn:on the friday and still no:witch: and I got a really strong :bfp: on the sunday :happydance::happydance::happydance:

12. amelia222

amelia222 Well-Known Member

I got a BFP the first time I tested, but af was almost 2 weeks late by then. I was scared to test! lol

13. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

oooooooohhhhhh CONGRATS on ur :bfp: !!!!!!

14. Toni

Toni Active Member

so freaky that was excatly the same as me when i found out i was pregnant! it took 6 days after my missed af to get a positive and we bd'd around 23rd sept so i'm pretty much certain I ovulated very late on in my cycle so thats why it took a while for tests to show up!! its sounding very good for you - hang on in there!!! I seriously must of used about 12 tests last month .... good luck xxx

15. SJK

SJK Well-Known Member

me, I was 9 weeks before I found out with my son xx

16. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

I was 6 days late when I got my postive xxx

17. zooney

zooney MUM OF 1 TTC no.2

i'm pretty much in the same boat and you've all made me feel much better, i'm 7 days late for my af and keep gettint :bfn: I'm always regular between 28-30 cycle, i was convinced there must be something else wrong cause it would have deffo shown up :bfp: by now, but some of you say your af was later than 7days before you got a :bfp: maybe there's hope for me yet!!!

fingers crossed for us both :hug:

18. always

always Pregnant with #3!!!

I am now 2 days late, no AF, but I've tested and gotten BFNs. I thought I had a few faint positives around 10-12dpo, but not a single line to be seen now, so I'm totaly confused!

Hopefully we get answers soon!! Good luck! Fingers crossed