Anyone get a BFP with a short luteal phase? (6 days)

starluck

Reaction score
Hi all :flower:

I just started charting my BBT for the last cycle and this time my luteal phase was only 6 days :( Of course having read that even a 10 day LP is considered on the short side, I was devastated this morning when AF showed.

Did any of you conceive with a short LP? What did you do to get your BFP?

I'm currently taking b6, b12, multivitamin, omega 3s, folic acid, and a 'reproductive support formula' that includes vitex.

I charted my cycles from the first cycle after having my second baby. My lp started off at 8 days but gradually lengthened each cycle until around 6 months later it was 11 days and that cycle I got pregnant with my 3rd child.
Skip forward a couple of years or so, after having been on the contraceptive pill after giving birth to my 3rd child I came off the pill in March this year. I charted 2 cycles worth of lp's and they were both 9/10 days. On the 3rd cycle (2nd ttc) I didn't do any charting but I got pregnant with twins and am currently 13+3.
My luteal phases are nowhere near the 12-14 day optimum, but 6 days does seem short.
Have you recently come off birth control? Your cycles may just need time to regulate if this is the case. xx

My LP was 5 days the month before I got my BFP. I visited an accupuncturist who sorted it out for me. I got my BFP the month after

skunkpixie, congrats on your twins! I've been off birth control for at least 2 years now. We were using condoms to prevent pregnancy before our wedding.

kato2, that's amazing! congrats on your pregnancy. i've thought about checking out acupuncture too.

I don't know if it would make a difference with everything you're taking, but I think B50 (or B100) is supposed to be better than just individual B vitamins. My luteal phase wasn't as short as yours (I think it was about 9 days), but I did get pregnant the first month I tried the B50. If that and the vitex didn't work, I think I'd probably just get a professional involved. Good luck to you!

Yep I did!! Mine ranged from 5 days to a max of 9 days. I had bloods and had low progesterone, I was under gyne for it and going down infertility.

I was taking EVERY potion available to lengthen it but not getting pg. I decided to stop everything and that was the month I conceived!! I got my BFP at 7DPO so yes you can get pg on a short LP. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->