Anyone getting side effects from prenatal vitamins?

Pumpkinb

Proud parents!
Reaction score
Hi all

I have started to take pre pregnancy vitamins with folic acid etc before we ttc in a few months, however since I have been taking them I cannot shake the feeling of sickness (I know I am def not pg!) I can only put it down to the Zinc that is in them as I know from google that some people seem to suffer this with Zinc.....does anyone else have/had this, is it something thatcould pass? Don't want to stop taking them but don't want to feel like this all the time!

Thanks

Which ones are you taking? Some can cause this problem...

All I have been having since taking mine is really really atomic yellow pee. I read that that is a sign that you are taking a good vitamin though.

I find that if I do not take them with food, I get very nauseated, but if I take them right after I eat, they do not bother me

Which ones are you taking? Some can cause this problem...

I have started taking the Asdas own brand ones which were identical to the Pregnacare brand in qtys etc? I have been taking them with my main meal but still getting this odd sick feeling.

I'm taking those as well, I don't feel sick, but i'm sure it affects everyone differently. Boots own version has ginger in it, might be worth going to that one however when I looked it only had 100% RDA and the asda ones are higher...

maybe an excuse to buy myself some ginger biscuits!
I'll have a look at those Boots ones as well. thanks!

This is them
https://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1056428&classificationid=1046315&slmRefer=

I love ginger biscuits but if I eat them now, I'll never fit in my dress!!

All I have been having since taking mine is really really atomic yellow pee. I read that that is a sign that you are taking a good vitamin though.

Ha, thank god I'm not the only one! I thought I'd broken my kidneys or something!! :rofl:

Hi! :hi:

I know that if I take any type of vitamin without food, I'm either nauseated, or actually throw up, but you said you were taking them with food, so that can't be the problem...

It's possible that certain brands just don't agree with everyone whether you eat or not. You may just need to try a few different brands before you find one that won't make you feel gross. I've also heard that it's better to take them in the evening with your dinner rather than in the morning - I haven't tried this yet.

Good luck! ;)

My pee is totally atomic yellow too!!:rofl:

Has anyone been finding they also get constipated on them too...sorry if tmi! Ever since started taking this has been the case.....

PS :witch: is back tomorrow!

I absolutely have felt the naseau caused by prenatal vitamins. I just began taking the prenatal vitamins sold at Trader Joes and everytime I take them I get sick within 15 minutes. It usually passes within an hour, but I would love to know if there is a different brand you can recommend? Thx!

I find that if I do not take them with food, I get very nauseated, but if I take them right after I eat, they do not bother me

Think you are supposed to take them after food - the ones I take do might be worth checking

My pee is totally atomic yellow too!!:rofl:

Has anyone been finding they also get constipated on them too...sorry if tmi! Ever since started taking this has been the case.....

PS :witch: is back tomorrow!

I didn't poo for days at a time, but I'm not sure if it was cuz i was preggo or cuz of the vitamins.

i was really constipated for the first 3 days and my stomach was so sore and bloated it was waking me up in the night but it wore off and now i'm feeling fine-whether i eat before i take them or not. lucky me i guess (maybe it's a sign that I won't have morning sickness either-or is that wishful thinking :) )

I'm taking a storebrand that aren't making me sick after taking them, but yeah, most multi-vitamins I have to take when I eat or else I feel sick.

Though, when I take Flinstones vitamins I never felt sick, even when taking a lot of them! But I'm sticking to prenatal vitamins for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->