Anyone getting sore ribs???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by 30thMarch2010, Dec 14, 2009.

1. 30thMarch2010

30thMarch2010 Connor born 4/4/2010

Is anyone else getting sore ribs? mines are really sore but just the left hand side i cant sit the same position for too long as it is sooo sore. Im only 26 weeks tomorrow didnt think they would be sore already!

I also get a really sore lower back most days...thot i would love being pregnant but i cant wait till im back to normal.

2. littledemonme

littledemonme Well-Known Member

Well I'm not even 23 weeks and last night I felt as if someone was trying to prize my ribs apart, I think I had just been sitting too long and was getting all squished up, standing up and walking about makes me feel better. I'm only 5'2" so I think it's because my insides don't have much further up they can go!

3. honeygrl

honeygrl Well-Known Member

Mine hurt all the time. This is my third so my bump is pretty large already. They hurt so bad last night it was hard to get comfy and go to sleep.

4. Tasha360

Tasha360 Mum to four 6 and under

Yeah mine have been aching for weeks. I was just thinking its cuz all our organs have been squished up there, i dunno lol xx

5. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

Mine are realiy bad! I was told that it was cos our backs were streching mines gone for being a 30 to a 34! It's really uncomfy the midwife said hot water bottle I had a massarge and they said it was all knotted um glad it's not just me! X

6. Sam9kids

Sam9kids Guest

And mine!

7. CocoaOne

CocoaOne Well-Known Member

Mine are ok (but I've got a wide ribcage anyway) I read that this is caused by your ribcage widening to make way for all your organs/bump pushing upwards. Apparently resting with a pillow behind you if you're sitting will help, and try not to sit for long periods x

8. Fingerslocked

Fingerslocked Well-Known Member

mine are sore here and there. i am just starting to really get out of breath. i was trying to wrap some presents on the floor and was squating...holy cow.. how uncomfortable. I thought I was going to passsss out!

9. Rachel S

Rachel S Well-Known Member

I am getting this too. I can't sit or lie in same position for long.I'm not that bg, but feel so uncomfortable all the time. I also get back pain too :(

10. rwhite

rwhite Mum to Lachie and Clem

Mine are sore at the bottoms :( I feel your pain (literally :haha:) xx

11. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

I am right now so uncomfortable with something under my ribs I just want to cry i dont know how i can last another 3 months of this because i know it is going to get worse! :(

12. dovehouse

dovehouse Well-Known Member

oh muy gosh...have had a cough for a few weeks and then got a sore side and vile pain in ribs, thought i had pulled something from coughing too much, but it sounds like other poeple get it tooo!when i lie down then get up i have immense pain and sometimes makes me shout out loud! i alkso get really bad lower back pain too. glad am not the only one, was getting worried. sometimes it feels almost like a burning pain, sometimes its ok and then other days it kills!

13. Louise N

Louise N Guest

I'm so glad i've seen this thread as for the past few days i've had really sore ribs on the left hand side only. It's especially worse when i'm lying down and I turn from one side to the other. I was woken up by the pain last night :wacko:

Glad to see that i'm not the only one with this. It's awful isn't it. Makes sense about the ribcage widening / adjusting though.

I was just starting to cope with my hip pains and now this :dohh:

14. graciebaby

graciebaby Well-Known Member

Yeah i get it too hun! Perfectly normal. Altho it is annoying.

15. Mrs G

Mrs G Lily and Tommy's mummy

My friend has this, it's called rib flare and is where everything is moving up into your rib cage to make way for baby. Sorry to say there is nothing they can do....
    xx

16. Lauraxo

Lauraxo Active Member

I'm 26 weeks too and mine are really sore on the left side :( can never get comfy!