Anyone go on to have a healthy pregnancy after bleeding?

Lil_Pixie

Xander's mummy
Reaction score
Just as the title says really.

This is my fourth pregnancy, I have a son who is almost 4 and then I've had two mmcs after him.

I'm 8+4 today and I started having some spotting/bloody ewcm on Wednesday night. I phoned the epau yesterday and had a scan last night, after two losses I was so sure it was another mc but baby was there, wiggling and looking perfect :cloud9: the sonographer said everything looked great and she couldn't see any cause

When I got home last night I passed a tiny tiny little clot, and I hoped that had been the cause of it but today there's more, if anything a bit heavier (still no need for a pad though)

I was just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and was everything fine? How long did your spotting last? I've had a lot of cramps too but I'm not sure if I'm just reading too much into it.

With my daughter (who is now 2) I had a heavy bleed and major cramping after seeing the heartbeat. I bled only for a few hours but it was enough to fill a tampon and then, when I got home i put on a pad and it covered the pad. I also had 'doubled over in pain' cramping for a few hours with a sudden loss of my pregnancy symptoms (had been having horrible nausea). I just knew it was miscarriage since I had 3 before her. But baby was fine. My OB looked and couldn't find any reason for the bleeding. Good luck, hun. I know it's so worrying. I think it's positive that they've already checked baby since bleeding started and baby is fine.

Yes! I bled like a period for about 7 days with my son, it was earlier on though. I also had cramps and pains. The blood was dark red and clotty.

I spotted for about a week with DD from a subchorionic hematoma. It self-resolved by 12 weeks but I had to be on pelvic rest for weeks 5-12 to allow that to happen.

I spotted a little bit like that when I was around 4-5 weeks along, it was basically blood mixed in with EWCM. It worried me like crazy, but my lab tests were good. I've had some pretty strong cramps on and off since then, but I had an ultrasound today and am now a little over 8 weeks along with a healthy baby. It is a good thing they got you in for that scan! Hopefully baby continues to stay healthy. :hugs:

I spotted/light bleed on my daughter around 6ish weeks. continued on & off for about a wk r 2 i think. She was fine :)

I was told if it gets really heavy to the point of needing a pad or really bad pain to go back in as could be a m/c

I had a m/c at 11+5wks and d bleeding was awful, i just new i lost the baby

Hope ur ok :flower:

I'm still not in the clear by any means, but I have had spotting numerous times throughout this pregnancy, the last time was pretty severe and resulted in a hospital trip and 'threatened abortion' label. BUT my scan was normal with a strong heartbeat. It's so scary and the uncertainty and lack of answers as to WHY worry the crap out of me, but as I've learned from my own and many others experiences, bleeding does NOT always indicate miscarriage. Try to stay positive!

Yep, I bled with this pregnancy and with my first. With this pregnancy I bled for about a week, at 5-6 weeks, it was bright red blood. With my first, I had pinkish spotting throughout. :hugs:

I was spotting for 3 solid weeks (between 4-7 weeks). Bright red to pink to brown. And then it stopped for a week. The day after my u/s it started again. Not heavy, but def crampy and achy.
I was SO worried about a m/c. Turns out all is fine so far..I'm 9 weeks now

I've been spotting on and off for a week now (since my period was due) I'm not in the clear yet as this pregnancy is still so early (i'll be 5 weeks tomorrow) but I got the good news that my hcg is doubling. I think that's something.

I bled from 9-24weeks with my now 3year old, it was the most traumatic thing ever I spent a lot of my pregnancy with him at the Epu and the day unit.

Hope all goes well for you, my boy is a happy healthy boy and the bleeding was unexplained xx

Thanks so much ladies

I was still spotting up to last night when I passed a clot about the size of a prune. I'm not sure as I've only just got up but I think it might be easing or even gone now. Perhaps that one clot was the cause of it?

I've got a private scan booked for today so I really hope that's the end of the spotting, and providing everything is fine tonight I can relax a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->