Anyone go to the gym still?

alilou151

Reaction score
I think I need to exercise :-( I do hate the gym but Im piling on the weight WAY to fast. What can I do? just a gentle walk on treadmill or take it easy on the cross trainer would that be ok?

stop worrying and wait till the babys born, watch what you eat and plenty of walks should do the trick :) x

I've been swimming and walking gently but I'm only 16 weeks now so it's not too hard. Swimming is lovely actually as that is really relaxing.

whats a gym? lol just walking everywhere does the trick keeps you fit and you dont have to pay gym fees lol x

Oh I get the gym free with work but its still no incentive!! I just dont want to be depressed at my overweight self when the babys here thats all.

hun youll be more content and worried over the baby than your self. dont give ya self such a hard time i bet you look fine and i bet youll look fine afterwards too. x

I've got a gym membership until August'11 but tbh I haven't gone since before we moved, which was 2 weeks before Christmas. Today however I thought I'd slowly wean myself back into exercising and used the swimming pool instead. It was lovely, very gentle and relaxing too. I'd highly recommend it. I was getting a little scared 'cos I feel my bum is trying for world domination right now so knew I had to do something. Last time I asked my MW was very pro-exercise as long as it was gentle and no weights but I do need to check with her again once I hit the 3rd tri or a little before.

ive been worrying about that myself.. But im working 4 days a week on my feet 7 hours (bartending) and going to school FULL TIME. But i put on 12 lbs so far!!!! :o
that was during the holidays tho mostly, so Im hoping that with school starting back up for the semester, and walking a bunch more again will help me out.... i hope. Cuz i wanna bounce back quick after giving birth. And I really don't want to worry about the weight while preggo, it just seems silly. Like, its gonna happen, so why fight it?

I go regularly, do the elliptical and the treadmill. i am starting to have to slow down quite a bit though ;)

Maybe just do walking and swimming rather than going to the gym? I don't see the point in doing something you hate :shrug: You're pregnant, you're supposed to put on weight!!!

I do about 1/2 hour on the treadmill at a #4 incline. this is enough to get my blood pumping but so much that I am overheating :) I also have a fantastic pilates DVD that is for pregnant woman and I LOVE it. (But would only recommend this if you have previously done pilates/yoga) Bottom line is, excercising is healthy. . pregnant or not. . and besides it will help you lose the weight faster once your bundle of joy is here and that's a pretty good incentive. If you have the energy and the time then just go for it. You don't have to run a marathon. . just get movin'!!
This is a great website for staying active while pregnant. It has some fantastic routines/ideas as well as a community section that offers great support!!
https://www.fitpregnancy.com/yourpregnancy/prenatal_workout/

Good Luck with your pregnancy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"