Anyone going to still be living at home with baby?

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by lov3hat3, Jan 26, 2011.

1. lov3hat3

lov3hat3 Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2

Well i was just wondering if anyones going to be living with their parents still after having their LO? I've never really considered moving out tbh and my mum really doesnt want me too untill i finish college and get a job that pays enough to look after me and LO. But everyone i know thats pregnant plan on moving out :shrug: i just dont really want to be struggiling with bills aswell as things LO needs and going to college aswell, i think it would just be all too much. What are u planning on doing? do you think its best to stay at home if you have the oppourtunity? Thanks:flower:

2. amygwen

amygwen Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline

I stay at home and live with my parents still. I’ve been trying to move out because mostly, I’m 20 years old, I feel like I could support myself and Kenny without having to struggle financially. Honestly though, I’ve loved living with my parents. My dad helps me out more than I could ever imagine. He constantly watches Kenneth while I do homework or while I go in the shower and he doesn’t think of it as a chore. I know once I move in by myself it’ll be more difficult, but I’ve told FOB I’ll need to depend on him moreso than what I already do and he has agreed. The only downside to it is that my mom is the biggest pain ever. She is constantly saying stupid remarks and making me feel like I’m a terrible mom. My dad makes up for that though, he helps out too much sometimes! I know the feeling though, a lot of my friends who are pregnant who are my age are already married, has an older FOB who can support them and are moved out already. I feel kind of ridiculous but at the same time I just have to realize how lucky I am to be in this situation right now!

3. CRWx

CRWx my little family - complete <3

I'm staying at home until i'm old enough/able to move out :) xx

4. bellexx

bellexx Well-Known Member

I will be for a while :)
    Definitely make the most of living at home bill free and with the help from your mum until you are a bit used to the baby, then start working out where to live. So tbh I wouldn't worry about it until he is a few months old.

5. Lilys mummy

Lilys mummy Mummy to 2 little ladies.

I am still living with my parents :)...We are on the list for a house. I am looking forward to having our own house and being a proper little family but deep down i really don't want to move out !

6. SilasLove

SilasLove Mom of 4

Are you a single parent? I can imagine living at home would be easier if you are single because you don't have the relationship aspect of it all to create more drama. Plus, you would definitely need the help from your parents in that case.

I think living at home only becomes a problem if your Mother/Father overstep their boundaries. Such as making comments towards your parenting and telling you how to do things without you even asking. That can become stressful because your role as a parent seems diminished and not important, plus it can make you feel insecure about your parenting as well.

I was 19 and already moved out when I got pregnant, but if I had been on my own I probably would have moved back with my mom because I would need the support from her to get through it.

7. laura1991

laura1991 Mummy to Lily

I live at home, but im a single mummy, i love being at home for the company and Lily loves it to shes always got loads of attention, also its a great help for when you have college work to do what are you doing at college btw? im doing Alevels so its a great help to have them while i revise. Just make sure its clear your the babies mum are you still with FOB?

8. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

We live at my parent's house but are finally leaving in April. My family is moving to California and we're staying here. I'm excited to move out, it's kind of suffocating here but I'm glad for all the help at the same time.

9. lov3hat3

lov3hat3 Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2

Im doing beauty therapy at the moment, but will practically be finished once bubbas here and then ill go on to do Theatrical and Media makeup which involves alot of practice, so having someone there would help me alot. I just didnt wanna feel like i was taking the piss with it or anything, like being there bill free etc.. Im not with FOB so i will be a single mum :) which is also another reason id wanna stay at home.

10. Burchy314

Burchy314 Guest

I say if your home is a safe supportive place, stay here as long as possible! Me and my OH live with my parents still and it is great. I mean yes there are some downsides (my brother will do something wrong and we will get blamed for it and we still have to go by their rules) but on the plus side no bills! They pay for my phone, OH's phone, food, everything plus they will buy baby stuff if we are out of money. They watch her whenever they can and help out as much as possible without taking over. They make me do everything and will only step in if I ask for help. I would NOT be able to survive out of the house yet. I don't work, OH doesn't work (but is able to get hired at 2 places) We are broke and where I live is REALLY expensive.

We do plan on being out of the house by the time she turns 2. We are saving up enough mney to move state first.

11. _laura

_laura Mummy to Monster Max

Stay at home hun, it means that you have the support there when you have to do your other course (my mate did it and its bloody hard work she said!) Once you've finished and more financially secure if you want to move then look into it.
    Though if you went private places around here are expensive!

12. Chrissy7411

Chrissy7411 Guest

I'm going to be living at home, I'm guess for at least a year. I don't have a job and neither doesn't my OH atm:wacko: So I really do need my parents. I'm going to try to get a part time job but god knows that's gonna be hard these days...:nope: If that doesn't work out I will just go to collage and hopefully be able to find a career and move out, or maybe my HO will have a job by then, because he plans on going to collage for 2 years for a dental assistant (or something like that) So hopefully within two years one of us will be making decent money!:thumbup: I just hope hope while I'm at home I can at least find a job to help out.

13. nicole_

nicole_ Aidy's Mummy

im moving out because my home is unhygenic and horrible
    and my OH lives 80 miles away and we want to be a proper family :)
    i dont think i could cope with my mum 24/7 getting involved but i think if i didnt have OH id be very different

14. Brosey

Brosey Well-Known Member

Who lives with their OH in their parents home? Were your parents okay with this? I don't think my parents would let him live here haha xx

15. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

I live with OH's mum. The latest we can move out will be July, as I get inheritence then, we can't really affor it until then.
    All three of us are in one room. I am DREADING her starting to crawl as I dunno how I will cope. Playpen is the only option for us when I need to go pee etc.

If you can, stay at home as long as it's what you want :flower:

16. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

Opposite here. My OH lives here with me in my parents house. My parents adore him so no problem there, it was a bit harder for his mom to let him go.

17. Brosey

Brosey Well-Known Member

My OH's mum doesnt like me and his house is tiny, he shares a room with his brother who is 22. So he'd have to come here but my parents think "I can do better" so I think they'd be reluctant to let him live here!

18. MummyGooch

MummyGooch Well-Known Member

When my son was first born I did live at home (as I was 16 and finishing school). OH's parents lived down the road and he worked during the week so he would come up every evening from 5pm-10pm Mon-Thurs and then Hayden and I would stay at his parent's house Fri-Sun.
    It was a nice little set up and we had some money to spare, although not much because at 16 he was only paid minimum wage lol. It did help when I went to sixth form, always having someone available to pick Hayden up from nursery or to look after him whilst I had a bath etc.

However, the lack of privacy can grate a little, although both parents didn't interfere, we did feel a confined to a bedroom in each house if we ever wanted to relax alone with LO.

We moved out when he was two years old and just before I started Uni. Tbh we are not any worse off money wise as OH earns quite a bit more now. The freedom of our own house is lovely, although i now am the one who does the cleaning lol! I wouldn't move home again :)

19. Leah_xx

Leah_xx Guest

I still live at home with my parents, when gracelynn is about 2ish OH and i plan on moving out, he will be working for a year and i will be finishing up my last year of school.
    my parents are very supportive and if it wasnt for them i never would have been able to keep gracelynn

20. LittlePeople

LittlePeople Pregnant :)

OH and I will be at home with my mum for possibly the first few months of baby being here, as we're on the council waiting list atm...I'm quite glad that I'll be at home for a while as my mum will be an amazing help when it comes to baby and hopefully we'll be able to get used to being parents without all the stress of bills and living on our own! I'm also at University, and will be going into my 3rd year whilst when the baby's about 4months old, so any extra help we get will be essential! :flower: