Anyone going to teach their baby sign??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Dukechick, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

I bought a book about teaching hearing babies sign, and I absolutely LOVE IT. It tells the history, and all the positive things that come out of it. I was a little skeptical about it, but reading this book has taught me so much! I can't wait to teach him sign! I was scared that it would make him 'not' talk, but it's proven the opposite! So many good things that come with it. Anyone else going to be doing sign with their babies? Or, has anyone done it??

xx

2. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

I know that sign language is a benefit to have ... I know basics and when I was working in a position that I had to communicate with the public it came in handy MANY times.

Teaching your children any additional skill, whatever it may be, like sign or a different language, can only benefit them in the future.

HUGGS to you for thinking ahead.

3. chel27

chel27 mum to 3

yeh my LO will be taught sign....my OH is 80% deaf and uses sign language sometimes to communicate :). can only be a good thing to teach xx