Anyone gone to Womack Army Medical Center?

A_Brooke

Reaction score
Just wondering if theres anyone else who's husband is in the Army, and who is going to Womack Army Medical Center at Ft. Bragg NC for Infertility. Im having a hrad time getting an appointment becuase of how they operate things so Im hoping to find someone else who can relate.

I dont have an answer but i didnt want to read and run. I had a similar issue @ macdill air force base(they suck) and we are army. I go to an off base gyno who is awesome to test for infertility but i had a hard time trying to get the wheels set in motion b/c macdill has some idiots working for it and my doctor was too busy arguing that Tricare doent cover fertility which i already knew but wouldnt test for infertility. Good Luck

Yes I currently go to Womack and see Dr. Parker for infertility. Have you called Julie Anderson? Her number is 370-907-9270. Tell her you want to see Dr. Parker and what steps do you need to take to get an appointment. I think I went to my PCM and asked for a referral and told them what Julie Anderson said. Good Luck. Let me know if you have any questions

Yes I currently go to Womack and see Dr. Parker for infertility. Have you called Julie Anderson? Her number is 910-907-9270. Tell her you want to see Dr. Parker and what steps do you need to take to get an appointment. I think I went to my PCM and asked for a referral and told them what Julie Anderson said. Good Luck. Let me know if you have any questions

I had the phone number wrong. I fixed it.

I have already called Julie SEVERAL times I was told I would get an appt at the end of september and now shes telling me not until november. How long did it take you to get into see dr parker. I was told I would get in immediatly and now I cant even get Julie Anderson to call me back.

I started seeing him in 2008 so I think a couple of months. Dr Parker is the on RE doctor in the infertility clinic and there is 1 IUI nurse & 1 IVF nurse. So I guess they are really busy right now. I went to have a pap with my regular doctor and afterwards told her I have been trying to conceive for two years doing timed intercourse and had seen a RE in Kentucky. I asked for a referral to see Dr Parker. Have you tried getting a referral that way?

I'm sorry your having a hard time getting in. I know after November they are pretty much closed for the holidays in December and will start back up after the New Year. Just keep trying. It is worth it. Dr Parker is excellent. The IUI nurse I was not impressed but the IVF nurse is excellent. The cost for IUI is just 150.00 for sperm anaylsis and washing and IVF is at such a reduced cost it is worth the wait. I paid so much more in Kentucky. I would just keep trying.

I already have a referall im waititng to get an appt and I dont need it for ivf or iui im not planning on doing either of those im just trying to get dignosed wwith PCOS and then get my periods regulated.

Hi Ladies,
My husband and I have been ttc for almost two years now. After talking with my PCM I was able to get a referral to Womack. I called for the first time on Monday and had to leave a message. After no response I called back today and left another message. The lady finally called me back. I'm scheduled to go to the orientation on Nov 23rd. I was wondering if this is how it all started for ya'll.

Dr parker is by far the worst doctor I highly suggest to go o him once and then get go back to your pcm and ask for a reffereal to get a second opinion. heres why I say this, My first initial appt after waiting for 1nad a half hours only lasted 5 minutes, Dr parker never asked a single question about my history or any concerns I had ansd whenever I tried to talk he just talked over me. He prescribed me Clomid without checking If I had cysts or anything else and didnt even tell me when to take it. SO that month after I called multipe times to try to get info about when to take clomid I did my own research and figured it out on my own. I tooke 100mg of clomid cycle days 3-7 and then ovulated on cd16. I ended up getting pregnant that cycle and by the time I could get in for a blood test I had already misscaried. The reason I misscaried is because of low progesterone so I scheduled a 2nd appt and finally got in 2weeks later. I told dr parker that I had a misscarriage to which he replied "how do you know? are you a doctor?" I told him I had gone to the ER and they told me not to take Clomid because my ovaries were very large. I also asked him to prescribe me Progesterone so that I would not have another miscarrige he then told me " youre going to have multiple miscarriages just get over it" and told me he doesnt believe in usung progesterone to stop a miscarriage even though I have found overwhelming evidence proving that it will help. After that appt I went back to my PCM and requested a second opinion so now I am being transfered to off post care. If you have any other questions about him please feel free to email me at [email protected].

I would like to say that I disagree. I think Dr Parker is a wonderful Doctor. I have been seeing him since 2008 and have only had great care. He has always let me ask as many questions as I have and answered all of them. I did IUI's with him and then moved onto IVF. My third IVF I became pregnant and am now 8 weeks along. I would recommend Dr Parker to everyone that is trying to conceive. If you have any questions you can PM me.

I just got referred to Womack by my primary and I heard that Dr. Parker was the best. She said he was very nice and that the nurses are nice. How long did it take for any of you to get an appointment? My husband just recieved orders to Korea and i cant go with him and I want to get pregnant before he goes, well try to at least.

Yes I agree. Dr Parker and his nurse Dori are excellent. They really care about you. It didn't take very long to get an appointment. I did IUI and IVF's while my husband was in the field or deployed. You can use frozen sperm. I got tired of waiting for him to be home for us to try to conceive. So we started using frozen sperm. But talk to Dr Parker. He will be able to tell you all your options. I hope you get an appointment soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->