Anyone good at CVs?

Aw hun :hugs:

Feel free to post up your CV too hun. Dunno if it may help at all but I'm sure we could try and help.

:hugs: After my experience was ripped to pieces by the recruitment "consultant" I have no confidence in it whatsoever, nevermind for everyone to see :blush: Plus even if I magically sprouted an amazing CV :rofl: there are no jobs to apply to around here :( xx

I wouldn't listen to them hun, I have come across some very bizarre recruitment agencies in my time. It's only over the years that I have known how to spot a good one. They should have been constructive if they felt the need to, not ripped you apart :hugs:

I have this for my cover letter so far, what do people think?

Providing confident, results-focused work requires a combination of strategic planning, problem resolution and organisational skills and the ability to deliver on time objectives while remaining adaptable. As a manager with broad-based experience who is currently seeking a new and long term career, I would like to present my CV in consideration for the above post at *********.

Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to manage operations within the field of sales and marketing in the hospitality industry. Although my CV contains detailed information regarding my key skills and achievements in sales and marketing, I would like to illustrate below my strong passion for the aviation industry, as well as the Royal Air Force and the Armed Forces as a whole.

• One year spent on ******* Air Squadron as an Officer Cadet, with attachments to ****** Royal Naval Unit and ****** Corps.
  • Excellent recommendation for Initial Officer Training entry from Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre, RAF Cranwell.
  • Previously volunteered as a Civilian Instructor with the Air Training Corps.
  • Insight and experience with needs of RAF families due to being married to a serving Officer at RAF ********.

As well as the above life experience, I also volunteer my time with helping to run organisations and clubs at RAF *******. I also have experience of working within the same environment as numerous military personnel, ranging from contract engineers on the Grob Tutor, to the now ex Chief of the Air Staff Sir Peter Squire.

I have a strong work ethic, and due to my experience in sales and marketing my work is very time and results focused, often working to tight deadlines with little support from line managers.

In previous employment I have been adept at developing creative marketing and sales strategies across all business departments in order to market hotels as a whole. I have organised the re-launch of a private hotel including writing and organising press releases for newspapers, magazines and radio as well as managing their budget and designing the advertising myself.

All of my recent roles in hospitality have concentrated on the setting up and development of personal relationships, ranging from those with a couple organising their own wedding, through corporate clients at all levels to large suppliers. I am adept at adjusting my approach to ensure it is always appropriate to my audience, including working with and briefing my line managers and leading and motivating a team reporting directly to me. I have often been the sole or primary point of contact for a business, and am confident acting as the public face of my place of work. Regardless of the nature of the contact, I am proud that I always left customers with a positive impression of my employer, regardless of whether I was dealing with a customer complaint or walking a client through the final preparations for an event. I believe these skills will stand me in excellent stead in this role.

I am currently on maternity leave, after having a baby last year and relocating to the area following my husband’s recent long term posting to **********. I am now ready to undertake new and long term employment, and I feel this role would provide me with an excellent opportunity to combine my two passions, marketing and the armed forces into one role and believe that this is a position I could really excel in.

coving letter sounds good also dont forget to write to whom it may concern or dear sirs and also the job title u r goin for.

i was a recruiter and we arent all bad :( lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->