Anyone got any experience with endoscopy?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by happyface82, Jan 27, 2011.

1. happyface82

happyface82 Well-Known Member

Hello!

My little girl might be having an endoscopy in about a month as they are worried for esophagitis. I know its nothing serious and its quick, but does anyone have any experience with it who can tell me what to expect?

I am not liking the idea of seeing her in there. . . had a very difficult time at 1 week old when she had an infection and was hospitalised, full of drips for antibiotics and bruises on her hands, arms and feet from all the drips :( At least if I know what to expect I can get used to the idea!

Thank you! :thumbup:

2. 2016

2016 Mummy and Preggo with #2!

Don't know about for babies but I had one myself at 18 for the same condition. I was given a sedative but apparently was awake the whole time. Good thing was the sedative also gave me amnesia so I don't remember a thing! :haha:
    I don't think it's painful, more uncomfortable. If she does have oesophagitis, that would be much more painful than the endo so diagnosing it to get it treated is the lesser of two evils IYKWIM. :hugs:

3. brownlieB

brownlieB Mummy of 1

I only know that for adults as said above you get heavily sedated and usually don't remember much, it's a quick procedure and the DR doing it is usually of the highest level or the one below ( a consultant or his junior staff grade) they wouldn't normally have anyone more junior then that doing it so she's in safe hands xx