Anyone got experience with false positives on FRER

wouldluvabub

Mumma of 2!
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this false positives on frer's? I got 2 BFPs on frer's but my ICs are not really showing anything.. Maybe the faintest lines if I squint and turn it the right way. I certainly feel pregnant but I'm worried that these frer's might be false positives as someone told me that there had been lots of that going on lately. These are the flat sticks not the curved ones. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sure they're okay, especially if they're the older ones. I've never really heard of false positives on those ones and your tests look so good too. :hugs:

I'm sure they're okay, especially if they're the older ones. I've never really heard of false positives on those ones and your tests look so good too. :hugs:

I really hope they aren't false positives! Someone just freaked me out saying they are giving lots of people false positives and seen as my ICs are not really showing anything I'm totally freaking out!

I refuse to waste any more of my money on frer. 3 different packs of three (used at different times), all had a faint line. All false positives. I just stick to waiting until AF doesn't show and using the regular hpts now. Especially as here in oz around where I live, a 3 pack of frer cost about $20.

Do you think these could be false?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 14
Mrsclt, thats a lot....I don't blame you for being skeptical I would be too! My first pregnancy I found out at 5 weeks give or take and my second I found out about 4 weeks pregnant. Both with frer. I find them to be generally true, but I also tested with a dollar store cheap test right after with my second and that was also positive. I think that most tests that are 25/30 hcg level or higher will detect at least a faint.

Did you confirm with a different brand. I read so many reviews on amazon about false positives from that brand that I did not dare order any, I don't think I could take that heart break.

Did you confirm with a different brand. I read so many reviews on amazon about false positives from that brand that I did not dare order any, I don't think I could take that heart break.

That's only the new style ones though isn't it? Not the ones OP is using

That's only the new style ones though isn't it? Not the ones OP is using

They look like the ones i used... I would test again in 2 days and if the line was noticeably darker I would think its positive. The earlier picture, they did look like maybe a tad darker than my tests so hopefully they're true positives this time. Fingers crossed for you :)

Those tests definitely look positive to me. The faulty FRER are the curved ones and not the straight ones.

Thank you so much for the replies! This morning I have confirmed with a digital! Also used my last FRER and it's noticeable darker again! :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel