Anyone got Mama's and Papa's furniture?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Narla83, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Narla83

Narla83 Mum of 3 & pregnant

Hey Ladies,:flower:

So I have just order the nursery furniture for the nursery from Mamas and Papas, we feel in love with it when we first saw it and its so well made compared to some others.:happydance:

My question is has anyone else ordered anything from them before and are they good at getting it here on time (if not before)? Its supposed to be here before the 3rd of Dec which is great b/c then it will be all done and I wont have to worry nearer the time.

I have a feeling that Ive seen a thread on here before that there not great on things like that and I so hope its not the case.

Thanks in advance.

2. esmemuppet

esmemuppet Mummy to beautiful Holly

We got our cot from there...it's lovely and v good quality...no problems with delivery for us! Good luck xx

3. CKJ

CKJ Well-Known Member

We got ours from there, amazing quality n great delivery-the store called when they got it in and emailed, then the delivery guy calls to confirm a delivery date and then they'll either txt u a day before to give u a time slot or u can call on day n they'll tell u, brilliant! X

4. missmayhem

missmayhem Mummy to 2 little cuties

bit of an off topic answer but i have a m&p cot... i used it over 20yrs ago as a baby and its still perfect all set up for my LO and waiting

great quality

5. Narla83

Wow!! Its def worth the money then!! Was extra chuffed when I got £150 off it as well, oooo 20 years :thumbup:

6. amielh

amielh Mummy to baby boy..

There was a post on here about poor service fom M&P but we got a package from them and they were great. We were meant to be collecting from store but they rang us to say they no longer offered it but would deliver free of charge and it came before they estimated so no complaints from me..

7. mrsbw

mrsbw Mummy to one

We have m and p's furniture but ended up buying it off ebay as we had such problems with them over the delivery of bedding and moses basket.

I am due Xmas day so we booked stuff to come in mid Oct. By end of Oct when we hadn't heard anything went into store to be told it would be here next week.

Then read on here that particular moses basket was actually out of stock until 16th January!! No use!

So went back into store and they finally did tell us this and after a bit of arguing they gave us an alternative basket. Then had to go back again (another 30 mile round trip) the next weekend to get the bedding when that came in - 3 weeks late! ARGH!!!

I'm really hoping those of us who've had bad experiences are in the minority and yours arrives on time x

8. Narla83

Thanks ladies puts my mind at ease, althoygh I didnt order it straight through them it was through argos so Im hoping it will be sooner rather than later cant wait to finally finish off the new nursery for ds and this lo!!:happydance:

9. dizzyjoo

dizzyjoo Well-Known Member

My son's bedroom furniture (cotbed) is the Ocean range from M&Ps. It very very good quality stuff and we love it. We had a couple of issues with one of the cot sides being damaged but they sorted it without any issues.
    Our buggy was also from there and that was another story - they flung the boxes over my Mum's back gate in the rain and left them there!
    Needless to say we had to get replacements in (it was pi55ing down!!!) and got a very large box of baby goodies as compensation!!!!!!
    (they offered, we didn't ask)
    xxx

10. ljo1984

ljo1984 2DDs,2angels <3

weve had both lots of furnature from there, no problems at all getting imogens, i got an email saying the new babies had been dispatched and after 2 weeks id still not had a call for delivering and sent off a ranting email. turns out M&P had given them my home number (phones upstairs cause we dont use it, just got land line for internet) which i must of had to supply when ordering imms couple years ago, so they passed on my mobile to the company and it was here within a couple of days. so if they'd of had the right number things would have been ok this time too lol.

11. flippityflop

flippityflop Well-Known Member

We got our cot from there - they attempted to deliver when I was at work and I only know that as I got an email - no call or card left. They then attempted the next day. I thought "this could go on and on" and so rang them and tried to organise a day when I would be in, but they wouldn't as they said the couriers wouldn't hold it that long. Then they said they could take it back to their warehouse but then it would show up as out of stock. What a palaver. They wouldn't help with the delivery so in the end we drove to the City Link depot and picked it up ourselves, although they did then refund the delivery charge.

I ordered it as they said delivery for January on the website which would have been perfect! But got it now and just waiting for a chance to build it!!

12. _dreamer_

_dreamer_ Well-Known Member

we had a bit of trouble, paid the £50 for delivery within 14 working days (only option, no collection from store available). 21 working days later it still wasnt here. after spending £15 on phone calls to them (mobile calling their number and waiting in queues for hours) trying to track it, and then asking for the delivery fee to be refunded, we finally managed to get it delivered and got the £50 refunded. hope you have a better experience than we did!!!

have to say though, we're very happy with the quality of the furniture and have pretty much forgotten about the palava because the nursery looks lovely x

13. Buttercup84

Buttercup84 2 girls, 1 boy

I ordered my pram from there and used the store pickup option, my dad picked it up with no problems. Shame they seem to have done away with this.

14. Misskitty10

Misskitty10 Well-Known Member

15. GingerNut

GingerNut Pregnant mum to Rosie

Unusually, we had no delivery problems but aren't 100% happy with the quality. We've a cot and blanket box which are fairly okay, but the chest of drawers is terrible. The drawers keep sticking on their runners and you've to open and close the bottom drawer to close the middle one, and the same with the middle and top ones. And it's not the way it's assembled, believe me!

Also the edges of the furniture are getting very worn looking.

I don't really think it's worth the price, to be honest.