anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

sonialouise82

Reaction score
Hi girls.

Just wondering if anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling and how long it took?

I had ovarian drilling and lap and dye done 10 days ago. They didnt find anything else wrong so just drilled 4 holes in each of my ovaries.

Need some inspiration lol.

xx

My BF had no periods at all and pcos...after inverstigations, it was advised she had ovarian drilling. She fell preg about 3 -4 mths later I think and her baby turned1 last week! Im booked in for my consultation in a couple of weeks to book my drilling in. Last one was canc in Jan as I fell pregnant naturally. Did it hurt afterwards?? How u feeling?

Hi kstan. I had a bit of pain when i woke up. It was like very strong period pain. They gave me some morphine and it disappeared straight away. I left the hospital 3 hours later and rested for a couple of days. Had a bit of bleeding like a light period for a couple of dayss I wasnt really in much pain. Just discomfort when moving about too much. After about 4 days i was absolutely fine. It has now been 15 days since the op and im completely back to normal.

How long have you been trying?

xx

That doesnt sound too bad! We've been trying for 2 years with 1 mc 2 months ago. I have what the sonographer always explains as a typical pcos ovary and the other seems fine! Tried clomid once but it never made me O and i wouldnt take it again cos of the side effects! Have u started trying now then since the op? xx

Yeah we started again about 5 days after. You have a window of about 3/4 months in which you should be quite fertile if the op works so i dont want to waste it. I have been trying for 5 and a half years. I did 7 rounds of clomid. I ovulated on 4 of the cycles but didnt get pregnant. I also had the dye passed through my ovaries to check they were not blocked and apparantly that helps make you highly fertile after the op too. Lets see whether it gives me my little bundle of preciousness. xxx

Good luck hun. Let me know how you get on...have you got a journal on here so I can stalk ya? 7 rounds of clomid - wow! One was enough for me! xx

Thanks hun. I dont have a journal on here but you are welcome to add me as a friend if you like. xx

Will do.....Keep in touch and let me know how u get on x x

Hi girls! I'm brand new here and ran into this about ovarian drilling. I had ovarian drilling 7/2007. I did 5 rounds of clomid right after the OD. I never got pregnant. I did another 3 rounds of clomid that started 1/2008 then decided to take a break ttc. I couldn't take all the charting and everything else that went along with ttc anymore. July 2008 we went to Cancun to a family wedding and it seems that the Mayans or the magical tequila ((lol)) helped me to conceive. I had to be followed by a high risk ob because of the PCOS and my Crohn's disease. So, I got to have about 2 u/s a month (which I loved because I got to see how much the baby was growing and changing). Everything was perfectly fine and normal. During my 3rd month I spontaneously aborted and m/c'd my baby. The doctors had no answers on what could have caused this to happen.
So, I decided to try again and just had my 2nd OD done on 5/13/10. I didn't have any type of post-surgical pain but now I feel something weird. It sort of feels like my ovaries are full and a little uncomfortable. I wouldn't call it "pain" but its just uncomfortable. I didn't experience this after the first OD.
Have you guys experienced this?

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with following the OD? I had the procedure done in September and just wondering if there has been any success with you all after reading yours stories.

Good luck to all.

Not due to get mine till 3 dec so will keep u posted....how did u find it?

I found it ok. I work in an office so I was back work the next day. My finance and I work at the same place so I didn't need to drive. I was just a bit tender where they made the incisions and came up with a fews decent bruses. But it really didn't affect me too much, but as usual and from what I have read, it seems to affect people differently. Now I am just waiting for my next cycle to start and I am up to days 33, but I can go 38-40 days normally.

Hope all goes well with yours.

i had this done on 9th july this year and got my bfp on 4th august, sadly ended in mc, i am now 2dpo from my second ov so fx.

i never ov before the drilling but i also think vit d has helped bring on ov. gl

i had this done on august 18th i havent yet had my BFP i'm now on CD1 of my second period since the op and i ovulated on my own last month the 1st time in 4 years, i will be starting Clomid tomorrow

good luck & i hope you get your BFP'S real soon :thumbup:

i had this done on august 18th i havent yet had my BFP i'm now on CD1 of my second period since the op and i ovulated on my own last month the 1st time in 4 years, i will be starting Clomid tomorrow

good luck & i hope you get your BFP'S real soon :thumbup:

cant wait to see your update on here in a few weeks saying you have your bfp!!!! :happydance: xx

me either bumski !! i cant wait for yours either!! :) :thumbup:

I had ovarian drilling done on May 5, 2010 and was surprised on how well it went. Recovering was not bad at all. I had some pain but would do it again if I needed to. I started having period right away and am now like clock work. My ovluation test show positive on day 13 and I get my period on day 28 (on a tues morning !) It is amazing how regulated i am now where before I would only get it 3 times a year. I am still not pregnant but I am hopeful that this will be a sucess. I should know this Tuesday if it worked this month or not.

Good luck for Tues mwinter! Ive got my drilling 4 weeks monday. How much time did ya need off work? Ive gotta drive to London 10 days after the op with work...dya think I'll be ok to drive? x

I took 3 days plus the weekend. You should be totally fine by day ten. I made sure to keep up on the pain meds and was carefully when i got out of bed. Thats when it was pretty tender. So today is the day i should know. No signs of it yet. I will test tomorrow if my period does not show up day.

I took 3 days plus the weekend. You should be totally fine by day ten. I made sure to keep up on the pain meds and was carefully when i got out of bed. Thats when it was pretty tender. So today is the day i should know. No signs of it yet. I will test tomorrow if my period does not show up day.

oh GL, i hope AF does not arrive and you get a nice strong BFP!!! :happydance:

we will fill this thread full of BFPs im sure :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"