Anyone got their bags packed yet ?

Spunky Cupkake

Reaction score
Hi girls im 34 wks and a day today anyone packed their bags yet mines been done since i was about 29 - 30 weeks what you all taking in with you ?

spunky xx

I really need to start thinking about mine, just in case. I keep telling myself I'll do it but things crop up and I never get around to it.

I have got a list somewhere, I'll have to try and find it.

Cx

I am too busy to buy the stuff I need to sort my bag out :hissy:

I finish work this Friday and we will be totally in our new home by then too so I will hopefully sort it out this weekend.

How you are meant to get everything into 1 bag beats me though:wacko: I'd love to know what other people took with them or found the most usefull to have/pointless.

Hmm well Im 39 weeks tomorrow and I still havent packed mine. Planning on doing it tonight though.

I picked up a packing list from my hospital today. Have found I need to pack CD player with batteries, am now going to back swim stuff for me and OH as now planning to have a water birth, and also my hospital no longer supply stuff for bottle feeding so you have to bring your own in with you, although I plan to BF, its worth checking to see if your hospital will supply this if you do want to bottle feed.

I would take loads of baby grows and vests for that yukky black poo and shampoo and conditioner for you as I forgot typical.

Oh and a jug for water when you do a wee,lol

I was going to ask the same question. I've seen the list in the magazines, but what do you actually need to take with you? What do you actually use?

I did wonder about formula if I couldn't BF properly but a mate of mine recommended that I play dumb. They're not going to let a baby starve, are they?

I'm worried I'll be the only one in there with the suitcase I usually use for 2 week summer hols! :rofl:

With madie i thought i took plenty of baby grows ....

eh uer! ... no where near lol!

So plenty of vest and sleep suits, nappies and wipes
Breast pads and Pads (for "down there") I say a few!!
Few pairs of jammas and stuff (acidents happen)
Shampoo
Moisturiser (i needed loads face/skin got soo dry)
Majic spray (cooling thing)

Basics lol!
xxx

Helen i wouldnt worry hun about taking a suitcase in i did when i had my first baby you will need loads

For Yourself :-
BATH TOWELS (DARK ONES but doesnt really matter)
NIGHTY TO GIVE BIRTH IN
NIGHTIES/PJS for after the birth
SANITARY TOWELS
BREAST PADS
SLIPPERS
DRESSING GOWN
CLOTHES to come out of hospital in
PK OF KNICKERS
BRAS
TOILETRIES (bath/shower gel,toothpaste,toothbrush,flannel,hairbrush,bobbles to tie your hair back,deodorant,shampoo/conditioner,)

For Baby:-
PK NAPPIES
WET WIPES
6-8 VESTS
6-8 BABY GROWS
BABY HAT
SCRATCH MITTS
COTTON WOOL PLEATS (I found these useful to wipe babys bottom with epecially with the first few poos they do its much easier to wash their bum than using a wet wipe)
NAPPY BAGS
SMALL BOTTLE OF BABY WASH
SUIT (to bring baby home in)& Basics (like cardigan socks hat etc)
BLANKET
CARSEAT

Thats all i can think of so far i still need to get a few things im taking two bags in to hospital one for me and one for baby as i just cannot get all the stuff in one bag

plus if you are having a homebirth still pack a bag ready as you might have to go in to hospital as last time i didnt put everything in i need and i only put one pack of pads in my bag and as my waters went i had to keep changing my pads in hospital so after i had him i only had 3 pads to my name but hopsital gave me some even tho they wernt happy but dp brought more in the morning for me thank god

spunkyxx

I dont think its nesasary to take in loads of stuff if your planning on a normal vaginal delivery, just make sure that your OH knows where stuff is like baby clothes, nappies, your clothes, underware, towels, etc are, that way if you do end up staying longer than planned etc they can just bring anything you need in with them when they visit, saves you packing everything including the kitchen sink! Last time I ended up in hospital for 3 days so I just wrote lists each day of bits and pieces that I wanted OH to bring in with him and he took away dirty clothes etc with him each day.

Helen you will prob need to pack quite a lot as you have two babies to contend with, and if your going to be having a section you will certianly be in for a few days so be sure to have enough clean underware and nightware etc, and loads and loads of maternety pads!

:baby: Here's what I have packed so far:
blanket (I crocheted it for the baby), lotion, deoderant, socks, 5 diapers, baby 3- outfits, pads (breast & sanitary), feeding blanket, wear home outfit for me, undies, hairties, gum, dh a shirt, dd-outfit & toy, puzzle, books, crayons, etc.(for dd), cheese crackers, water bottles, cookies and juice pouches. With dd I had packed 2 large bags and since I was so prepared- the nurses didn't give me the free diapers, wipes, samples, etc. that everyone else recieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->