Anyone had 2 pg afftected by NTD?

BabyBubbles

Expecting number 2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

We opted for a termination 2 years ago when we found out our lo had arcrania, meaning the skull hadnt formed properly leaving a hole. We were devastated but had no other option as baby would have died the instant he was born if he had been born at all.

Now I am 6weeks pg after 2 years of hoping and now Im absolutelu terrified it will happen again. The chance of a second ntd affected pg is 2-3% but thats no comfort really. Im taking 5mg folic acid. The worst part is knowing that the neural tube forms at 4-5 weeks so if anythings wrong its wrong already. Ive been told that most ntds wouldnt be seen on a scan until around 9 weeks so its just a waiting game.

I was just hoping for some reassurance really!! (bit self indulgent)

Thanks ladies xxx

i have no idea about this, but i just wanted to send you some huge :hugs:
i hope everything turns out to be fine xxx

Tulip has just has a gorgeous healthy baby boy after losing her precious Ruby to acrania. Drop her a PM, she'll be happy to chat to you xxx

:hi: Thanks Deb! Keely, the 5mg FA (or Bitchass Folic Acid' as we like to call it) is the single most important thing to do for your LO. The 9 week thing is interesting. Babybond didn't diagnose Ruby's Acrania at 11 weeks even tho I'm sure she was already convulsing from the brain damage caused by the amniotic fluid). NhS diagnosed it at 12+3.

Note for anyone currently TTC after an NTD, the Institute of Child Health are currently running a study using Inositol as well as FA as there is a theory the Inositol does the same job as FA in women who cannot absorb Folic very well or at all. Search for PONTI study to find their details. I took part, so it may have been Inositol that saved Dillon.

Defo ask the NHS for an early anomaly scan at 16w to check the spine, my midwife was great and referred me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->