Anyone had a high risk pregnancy previously and ttc??

Londonbump81

Reaction score
Hello! We had our son in June 2011 after a pregnancy medicated on blood pressure drugs, metformin and SC insulin due to GD. Due to the diabetes I was induced early (which failed) and ended up with a rather traumatic birth! I guess I'm wondering if there is anyone out there trying again like we are and who is nervous about going through another high risk pregnancy?? We'd love another but can't help worrying about everything that goes with and another possible ordeal at the end!

Hi! We had our son in April 2012 after I developed severe preeclampsia which my midwives didnt pick up on. I didnthave a great birth experience and still feel quite emotional and confused about it all. I also have Polycystic kidney disease which increases my chances of having preeclampsia again and also brings other potential health problems for me. We decided soon after we had our son that we would still like to go ahead and TTC. I am pretty nervous about it all and sad that I won't be able to have a relaxed pregnancy like I did with my son.
Good luck to you!

Hi
We are going back after 8 years! I never thought I would be back as I suffered severe hyperemisis and was hospitalized at 5 wks then was in and out until I delivered. My liver was in bad way due to de-hydration and went on to have a 24 hour labour which also ended dramatically. I ended up clotting and needed blood transfusion and was kept in for nearly a week. I still haven't really come to any real understanding to what happened and why and was offered no support or de-briefed I was just told I was very lucky. I quite often feel like asking to read back my notes and maybe that would have helped me move on quicker or if the Doctors and midwifes had a better understanding of what Hyperemisis is and understand it is an illness and not severe morning sickness. Anyway after 8 years it really upset me when my DD broke her heart that she was an only child, we spoke about it together, DH and I and agreed we can get through it one last time as it is more than likely to hit again.

I think you have to go with what you as a family feel right. When we do fall pregnant I know family especially DH side will not be too pleased as they have always said we would be being selfish if we had any other children which is upsetting.
Good luck with whatever decision you make. :)

Hello! We had our son in June 2011 after a pregnancy medicated on blood pressure drugs, metformin and SC insulin due to GD. Due to the diabetes I was induced early (which failed) and ended up with a rather traumatic birth! I guess I'm wondering if there is anyone out there trying again like we are and who is nervous about going through another high risk pregnancy?? We'd love another but can't help worrying about everything that goes with and another possible ordeal at the end!

I'm in the same exact boat as you. We've been trying now for 4 years. I had Tristan June 15th 2010, and have been trying ever since. I know the next pregnancy will be a high risk too. My prayers for all of us.

Thanks for your responses ladies! It's a tough decision as ultimately I don't want to put myself in any danger now I'm a parent but at the same time we want to give DS a sibling as we both had older sisters and that would 'complete' our family. My sister went through 2 diabetic pregnancies and came out alright so I guess I have to focus on that. I would definitely communicate my anxieties to the hospital if we were ever to be lucky enough to conceive again. Here's for trying!!

My pregnancy wasn't necessarily high risk (moderately high bps) but my delivery was! I had a spontaneous placental abruption, I was pissing out blood clots the size of oranges and was on the operating table within 10 minutes of entering the hospital getting cut open and 2 transfusions
I will be having an early planned cs with number 2.

I gave birth on July 15th and unfortunately our son did not make it. They never made me officially high risk, however my son had an heart arrhythmia and a 2 vessel cord. We had an autopsy b/c although I gave birth at 31 weeks, we did so as I noticed no movement and they found him to be in heart failure. I was in labor and delivery for 3 1/2 days and went through the gammit to try and get our little man out. We are trying again and I am terrified to do it again but know we must if we want to have siblings. I do know that this time I will be high risk and I am going to a new practice that will pay more attention...I often felt alone and not being heard by the doctors we were seeing. We are hoping to try next month, we did BD twice this month, however, I had surgery yesterday to repair my ankle and well I am in a lot of pain! Best of luck to all you ladies :flower:

We're trying for number two after having HELLP syndrome last pregnancy. DS was born at 29 weeks.
I had a placental abruption too, which ended up being a blessing as it meant the HELLP was picked up. I spent 5 days in hospital, got the steroids and ended up going downhill so fast after the steroids wore off that we got 15 minutes notice of the emergency c-section.

We spent 68 days in nicu but DS is a healthy, happy and beautiful two year old.

I feel a little bit scared that the HELLP and everything will make it harder to conceive, as well as being nervous about the pregnancy.

We are in cycle number three of trying, DS was a big surprise!

Meee :)

I had my LO 3 weeks early in Feb 2012 because of high blood pressure and a fast pulse (160bpm at resting) and still have these issues although my pulse is now down to between 100-110 but even on medication my BP is still too high. I want 2 more and although I'm nervous about being high risk with a toddler I have great support around me. I've been put on pregnancy safe tablets which don't seem to be helping but I see my gp regularly and know he will look after me!

This is our 2nd month TTC :flow:

Good luck ladies!

Just wanted to say that it's a great support to hear your stories. I guess life wasn't meant to be easy and if it was we'd never know what it would be like to want or try or strive for anything! Wishing all of you lots of luck in your ttc journeys xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->