Anyone had a previous big baby ?

emma4g63

Reaction score
Hi

I’m sneaking in very early days for me only 5 weeks but dd2 was 10lb 6

Is there anyone in here who’s had a big bAby ??

Have you been monitered more ??

Thanks

Congratulations on pregnancy. Did you birth vaginally? Here in the UK if concerned they will offer a growth scan. My 3rd was 8lb 12oz 2 weeks early and my 4th was 5lb 15lb 5 weeks early. So big for being early however I had cesareans.

With my first pregnancy I had the normal 3 ultrasounds. No one ever mentioned him being big. He ended up being 9.9lbs.

With the second, I switched OBs. Due to me being on the smaller side (115lbs) she has sent me to get ultrasounds every 6 weeks. At 34 weeks my baby was already 7lbs, and she is projected to be 10 lbs at birth.

My son was delivered naturally, I intend to deliver this one naturally, if she is 9.9 or smaller. If she ends up being 10 lbs, they will do a C-section. I'm being induced 1 week early to avoid this, but go in for a scan tomorrow to get final measurements. (I am 38 + 2, scan will be at 38 +3, and I have a planned induction at 39 weeks).

I had my son at 37 weeks and he was 9lb I get growth scans anyway. But I've had babies as small as 7'4 at 39 weeks. So it can go any way x

my son was almost 10 lbs. Delivery was fine, even better than the birth of my daughter who was only 7 lbs :)

#3 was 9lb 10oz. #1, 4 & 5 were 2lb smaller.

My 1st was (just) macrosomic so I had growth scans with my next 2 babies but they were only 8lbs and 8lbs 9.

I just had to look up the definition of a macrosomic baby and it's anything over 8lb 13oz. That seems pretty average to me? If born on time I mean?

My first baby was 11lb1, I had a successful planned homebirth, they had no idea she was going to be so big. This time around they’re pretty worried about baby’s weight and vaginal birth again so i’m booked in for growth scans at 30 weeks and 36 weeks. They’re considering inducing early or planned csection but just need to wait and see what happens. I’m in the UK xxx

I personally have had 2 boys both were 7lbs 2oz one was 2 weeks early and the second was 4 weeks early. My mother had 3 babies and she said her largest baby (me) weighed 10lbs 4oz at birth and she said I was her fastest and easiest delivery out of the bunch lol (all of her babies were delivered naturally with no pain meds)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->