Anyone had a scan@ 6weeks?

carmela88

Mummy 2 princess+ttc#2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am currently 5 weeks pregnant with my IVF miracle :)

I dont have a scan till I am 8 weeks with my clinic so i have booked a private scan when Im 6 weeks and 3 days. This is because I have had an ectopic pregnancy in the past and scared that the same thing will happen again.

My question is, at what point did you see a heartbeat?
Im worried that I am going in to reassure myself for one thing to just then worry about something else.

thanks for listening :kiss:

I had a scan at 6w3d and saw the heartbeat. It was the tiniest little flicker but definitely there :) It's completely understandable about worrying yourself. I have had 3 scans and saw a perfectly healthy baby each time but still couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong. I assume Thai is anxiety because my dd was apparently perfectly healthy but still went blind at 7 months :( But I am finally starting to relax a little since having my NT scan on Weds. I might not be completely relaxed through the whole pregnancy but I am trying. Hope everything goes well xx

I had a scan at 5w5d because of some spotting. There was just a tiny pole and the sac. I have a scan today at 6w6d and I'm a nervous wreck about whether or not there will be growth and a heartbeat.

Good luck on your scan and that everything goes well

My 6w3d scan showed a blighted ovum, an empty gestational sac with no yolk sac, no fetal pole, nothing. It was heartbreaking. 5 days later we went in for another ultrasound to confirm prior to a D&C and we found our baby. We had done an IUI, so there was no doubt on the dates. In fact, calculating from the date of ovulation instead of LMP I would have been 6w4d. Since this happened to us, I've read so many forum posts from other women in the same boat. After this devastating experience, especially after facing infertility and thinking this was probably our only shot, I wish we could have waited. With that said, I completely understand being anxious and many people do see their babies that early. I would just suggest to think about it as it may be too early, and only you know how you'll be able to cope with that until the next scan.

I had a scan at 6weeks trans-abdo and although couldn't see much i could see the heartbeat beating. Xxxx

I had a scan at 6w3d and saw the heartbeat. It was the tiniest little flicker but definitely there :) It's completely understandable about worrying yourself. I have had 3 scans and saw a perfectly healthy baby each time but still couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong. I assume Thai is anxiety because my dd was apparently perfectly healthy but still went blind at 7 months :( But I am finally starting to relax a little since having my NT scan on Weds. I might not be completely relaxed through the whole pregnancy but I am trying. Hope everything goes well xx

I am sorry to hear about your daughter but you know what, i work with young adults and some of them are blind. They are just amazing, their other senses more than compensate, its just so impressive. Im not trying to sound patronising in any way, I am genuinely in awe of them.

Its so hard being optomistic at times! I hope everything goes well for you:kiss:

I had one on tuesday i thought i was 6weeks 5dats but Bub meassured 6 weeks i
Saw a heart beat x

Thank you everyone for your replies, it seems to be very mixed. some woman get to see a heartbeat earlier than others so there really is no knowing.

I know im probably going to cause myself more stress but ...really the main reason im having the scan is to make sure it is in the right place. If another ectopic is discovered at 8 weeks it will mean surgery, i dont think i could take that again.

I think the next week and 2 days is going to crawl by lol :wacko:

I had a scan at 5weeks 4 days, no heartbeat, 6 weeks 3 days 2 heartbeats!

I saw a hb at 6+1 but reading up it's pretty borderline at this stage. I was on clomid so sure of my dates.

Here's my pic (it always cones out sideways but turn your head to the left and the blob on 'top' is the baby which was pulsing and the blob on the 'bottom' was the yolk sack.

Good luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 13
My profile pic is 6 weeks 3 days

I'm 6+3 today, and had an US. I saw the tiniest little flicker of a HB, but the doctor had a REALLY hard time finding it.

I'm another one of those "blighted ovum" stories from my last pregnancy too. I had a scan on 6+1 with her, and they told me blighted ovum. No pole, no yolk sac, nothing. Went in for an US two weeks later, and everything was perfect. If you have a retroverted uterus, it's not uncommon at all to be told that.

Good luck in whichever you decide!

I had a scan at 6 weeks on the dot and he barely found the heartbeat. I had to hold my breath and it was soo faint.

Lanet - that's amazing! Congrats on your twins, you must be so pleased.

Love cakes- thank you so much for the scan pic, I can't make heads or tails of it but at least know not to expect too much from this scan so thank you.

I'm really hoping on a hb, my dates are pretty accurate as it is ivf and I got a bfp 10dpo. I've got 1 week and 1 day left till scan

There seems to be more ladies than not getting a hb at around 6 week mark.Thank you for replies guys really appreciated.

I had an ultrasound at 6w3d, saw a heartbeat, but only by luck. She was done looking and moved the wand to check my ovaries and just happened to see a little heart beat. Good luck!

I has a scan at 6+2 this past week and didn't get to see a HB. I'm much more stressed now than I was before. Really hoping to get in for another scan ASAP! GL :)

I has a scan at 6+2 this past week and didn't get to see a HB. I'm much more stressed now than I was before. Really hoping to get in for another scan ASAP! GL :)

I'm sorry you didn't see a hb although I'm sure everything is fine. Are your dates accurate?

I had a scan at 6 weeks and saw a little heartbeat :)

I'm sorry you didn't see a hb although I'm sure everything is fine. Are your dates accurate?

Wouldn't be off by more than a day. I tracked my cycle so I know when ovulation happened!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"