Anyone had a scan before 5 weeks?

Ella_Hopeful

Mom to 5 inc. b/g twins. RPL sufferer.
Reaction score
My doctor wants me to have a scan tomorrow - I'll be 4w5d - I'm not sure why but I think it's because my hcg levels are high for my dates (I didn't think to ask him why).

Has anyone had a scan before 5 weeks and actually seen a sac? If I don't see anything I'm going to freak out even if it's normal :dohh:

My first scan with my son was at 6w5d because I had no idea how far along I was. I wouldn't worry too much about it. They probably just want to do a scan to make sure that you're not further along than you think you are. <3

Out of curiosity, what are your hcg levels?

I can't possibly be further along because I did a clomid cycle and had monitoring and blood tests to detect ovulation!

My results were 1245 at 16dpo...

There's a huge range for hcg levels. I just googled it and this is what I came up with.

3 weeks: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant women: <5.0 mIU/ml

I don't know much about clomid and tracking ovulation. :shrug: Is it possible the little bean just implanted earlier than you think it did? I know the implantation range is very wide as well and even just a few days can make a big difference in levels.

If this is still really bugging you, I think you should call your doctor and just ask. They should be able to tell you the reason for the early scan.

With those levels you might have 2!

There's a huge range for hcg levels. I just googled it and this is what I came up with.

3 weeks: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant women: <5.0 mIU/ml

I don't know much about clomid and tracking ovulation. :shrug: Is it possible the little bean just implanted earlier than you think it did? I know the implantation range is very wide as well and even just a few days can make a big difference in levels.

If this is still really bugging you, I think you should call your doctor and just ask. They should be able to tell you the reason for the early scan.

Scan is first thing in the morning. I'll ask the nurse when I pick up the referral form. The form might even say something. Even with early implantation this seems quite high. Tomorrow might have answers.... but then again it might not haha

How exciting!

I&#8217;ve had early early scan I can&#8217;t quite remember how many weeks but she could tell me what side I ovulated from, and we could see a sac but no heartbeat or anything yet.

I&#8217;m usually scanned every two weeks. First scan next week at 5 weeks! So excited

This is a good website that shows hcg levels day by day rather than week by week: https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single

This is for singletons though. Your levels look more like multiples, which are also listed on the website, and which is also highly possible with the aid of Clomid ;)

It does seem high...could be two in there! :D

Let us know how it goes tomorrow! I'd be interested to find out the results!

Will be interesting to see, my friends levels with her twins were 4000 at 14 or 15dpo I think.

It could be two! I will say too that some women produce high hcg. With daughter, at 20 DPO mine was 18,762 (though when I had a scan the following week I measured 2 days ahead) My scan was at 5w6d I was measured as 6w1d with a heartbeat. With you though, on clomid and 2 follicles, I'm voting twins!! How exciting. Good luck :)

Well they only saw one sac (empty at the moment) and it measured ahead of what I should be, and I'm certain of my dates. Who knows what's happening... Going back in two weeks.

Good luck with your next scan hun. I hope that you get some answers soon :)

Thanks - it's probably all fine - but a scan showing even a few days off turns me into a worry wart lol

Yay! Glad everything was good! :happydance: Measuring ahead isn't too much of a concern, I don't think. Like I said, it could just be that the little bean implanted sooner than you thought it would.

Either way, congratulations! It seems like everything is developing nicely! Good luck on your next scan! :hugs:

It IS two in the end!

They are measuring a few days apart, which is why there was only one sac last time.

I think they must have implanted on different days. Hopefully they will both stick.

Saw two <3 <3 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->