Anyone had a very late BFP, or known they were pregnant due to a lack of AF symptoms?

mrslove13

Reaction score
I am at the tail end of the strangest cycle I've ever had!

.... And now after two BFN's (taken 12&15dpo) I have the highest temp of my cycle this morning and no signs of af on its way. I should have been due yesterday or today and the only thing that is unusual is my lack of symptoms.

I have no af cramps, (maybe some very mild cramping occasionally, but I'm really pushing it calling that a noticeable symptom), no sore boobs (I have had sore boobs 3-5 days before af for as long as I can remember), no bloating, the only thing I notice is that I'm breaking out which is very unusual.. and a little sore throat.

Its obvious that something is different... Has anyone had a late BFP, or known they were pregnant due to a LACK of symptoms when af was due?

I'd love to hear your stories.

Here is my chart for those interested:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5d20e0//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I'm sorry I personally don't have the experience you're looking for but I do have a couple friends I can tell you about :)

As far as a late BFP one of my friends didn't get her BFP until 17DPO and even then it was very faint. Some women might not get a BFP until they test pos with a blood preg test or confirm with US.

As far as symptoms go the only way my other friend found out she was preg was no AF for about 2-3 months. And she is usually the heavy period, bad cramps, bad backache, period lasting 6-7 days type person. Her periods were so bad she had to go on BCP just to help with the heaviness of her period and to hopefully ease pain.

Just by looking at your chart, it looks promising. Keep temping to see if your temps remain elevated. I would test again at 18/19 DPO and use a more sensitive test like FRER(or anything with pink dye). Anything with a blue dye is not very reliable and are known for evaps. If you still get a BFN at 18/19 DPO and no AF I would schedule a blood quantitative with your DR. :)

Thanks Angel! Your friend sounds similar to me - I typically am very crampy, bad pms symptoms, super heavy painful periods. AF never surprises me.. my discomfort gives me plenty of heads up! I'm just shocked at how normal I feel right now!

So interesting to hear about her - thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the advice, I used a FRER at 12 & 15dpo. I'll follow your advice and wait a few days and schedule a blood with my Dr. if nothing conclusive turns up either way!

both times my BFP was late after AF was due but both time I actually got pregnant late (both times concieved on day 21 instead of 14 when my cycles are only 27 days :wacko:)

both times my BFP was late after AF was due but both time I actually got pregnant late (both times concieved on day 21 instead of 14 when my cycles are only 27 days :wacko:)

That's very interesting!

I didn't get my bfp until CD 53 this time around. I was having normal ish 33 day cycles but when I was late, it came back as BFN. Just a random test on CD53 came back positive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->