Anyone had an early scan?

jenb

Reaction score
Hello everyone, ive had 4 miscarriages (details in my sig) this pregnancy seems to be going really well so far and im feeling optimistic but giving the circumstances i feel as though it would put my nerves at rest if i had an early scan

will the early pregnancy unit scan me even though im not showing any signs of miscarriage?

i have not seen anyone about my recurrent miscarriages as im still on the waiting list for gynae clinic (nhs waiting times eh??)

Go to your GP and ask them to ring up early pregnancy to book at scan for you. I'm not sure if you rang them and explained they would do anything unless you was bleeding or had pain.
With my last pregnancy because it took 8 years to get pregnant my GP rang the hospital and got me a few early scans. This time my doctor was going to the same but I had pains so rang early pregnancy and they saw me straight away. They also booked me for a follow up scan next Friday to make sure baby is forming as it should.

If you feel a scan is necessary even if your doctor doesn't, you can always just tell them that you've been having cramping and would like to have it checked out to make sure everything is ok for peace of mind. They usually will not deny you a scan if you tell them that. There is also the option of getting a private scan but those you have to pay for.

Hello everyone, ive had 4 miscarriages (details in my sig) this pregnancy seems to be going really well so far and im feeling optimistic but giving the circumstances i feel as though it would put my nerves at rest if i had an early scan

will the early pregnancy unit scan me even though im not showing any signs of miscarriage?

i have not seen anyone about my recurrent miscarriages as im still on the waiting list for gynae clinic (nhs waiting times eh??)

Hey hun, after that many miscarriages you definitely should have been offered an early scan

I had a missed miscarriage when trying to conceive my first and when i got pregnant the second time they gave me an early reassurance scan

Fast forward nearly 4 years on and I'm pregnant again and i still got another early scan

You should definitely ask x

I would ask too I had my scan on 28th due to cramping pains mine was a cyst but still they did re-scan me 2 weeks later and everything is still ok, they can be really good and reassuring xx

If you feel a scan is necessary even if your doctor doesn't, you can always just tell them that you've been having cramping and would like to have it checked out to make sure everything is ok for peace of mind. They usually will not deny you a scan if you tell them that. There is also the option of getting a private scan but those you have to pay for.

Personally I wouldn't lie. Having been in the EPU thinking the worst I'd hate to think anyone was there when they were ok and making the awful wait even longer.

From what I know it's quite common to get an early scan if you have a history of miscarriage. Talk to your GP, access to the EPU varies by trust, we have to get referred via GP or A&E and can't ring direct plus a GP will be more able to get you an appointment.

Hope all goes well, it's such a scary time but there's every chance your LO is perfect.

I'm assuming they'll give you an early scan, if they don't you could always pay for a private one I suppose.

Stalking. Sorry to hear about your mc's hun. I had 4 last year all ending 5\6 weeks. I have a midwife appointment next week I'm really hoping she'll refer me for an early scan xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->