Anyone had bad dreams about baby, but everything was still normal??

mandaa1220

Reaction score
I feel like I'm constantly posting questions now, but it's like everyday there's a new thing...

Last night I had a terrible night of sleep. I actually feel rested today, but I woke up at 4am with a terrible charlie horse, screaming in pain, which still hurts to walk on a bit now. I also woke up having had a terrible dream that there was something wrong with my LO at the 32 week ultrasound. I don't know what it was, other than I was crying and my husband was holding me and I was screaming "but I've done everything I was supposed to!"

We have our ultrasound on Monday and now I'm scared, whereas I was really looking forward to it. Every other ultrasound has been beyond perfectly normal. At the beginning of the pregnancy (like first tri), I had some morbid dreams about me dying or family members dying, but those stopped after a few weeks. This is so random and I'm petrified it's some sort of premonition.

Has anyone had strange dreams like this, but things were perfectly normal? Why does every part of pregnancy have to end up being so scary!?

Yes many times I have had some terrible dreams and woke up thanking god it was just a dream!

And I'm not sure we have baby on our mind so much plus mayb something we heard or seen on tv and it all gets mixed together

Yes many times I have had some terrible dreams and woke up thanking god it was just a dream!

And I'm not sure we have baby on our mind so much plus mayb something we heard or seen on tv and it all gets mixed together

Maybe, thanks for the response! It's driving me crazy. I don't see why there would be anything wrong, but I just worry.

It's just anxiety-related, perfectly normal in pregnancy! Earlier in mine I used to have all sorts of really distressing dreams and I read up about it and it's very common. Don't worry :flower: Is it your first?

It's just anxiety-related, perfectly normal in pregnancy! Earlier in mine I used to have all sorts of really distressing dreams and I read up about it and it's very common. Don't worry :flower: Is it your first?

Yes, it is! Anxiety should be my middle name, so you are probably right.

I had an awful dream last week that my baby was moving around and then suddenly I felt the movement stop, and I knew s/he had died :( I woke up really freaked out and of course baby wasn't moving at that moment so I was convinced it had really happened. Since then baby has more than made up for it, they never stop wriggling :)

Don't worry, it's normal and doesn't mean anything bad has happened! :flower:

Hehe it's easy to get like that with your first.. It's mine too. I used to have dreams that weren't even anything to do with the baby but I knew it was because of anxiety related to the baby. I've had some really stressful ones about getting into huge arguments with friends/family and just kind of going a bit crazy! Anxiety should definitely be my middle name too! Pregnancy hormones + having to get everything ready for a new little one is bound to make us a little bit crazy...

I've heard of people having mad pregnancy-anxiety-dreams. My mum dreamt that she put my brother in the microwave!

I've just started having crazy horrible dreams like one about my son being kidnapped and another about my family being stuck in a house with a bomb about to go off :( I know it's just my anxiety about birth and I'm so ready to have this baby and stop worrying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->